Roll Call: Northwest Arkansas

What’s up guys! New Refuge member. Born and raised in Rogers, now living in Bentonville. Hope to meet some of you guys down the road once this stupid cold weather moves on.

I’ve had way too much to drink tonight and I’m lazy and don’t want to search if there’s already a Little Rock roll call thread but I’ll be in town next week and curious if I need to play CCLR or Pleasant Valley ?

I’m in Little Rock. I haven’t played PV since high school and I don’t remember much. CCLR is good but I don’t think it’s must play by any means. Chenal is my favorite private.

1 Like

I’ve never played Chenal, heard good things tho. My golf knowledge of Central Arkansas begins and ends with a couple of trips to heaven. I mean Roland.

1 Like

I would rank the three

1.CCLR
2.PV
3. Chenal (Bears Den is better than founders)

2 Likes

My wife would agree. UCA Alum

1 Like

Me too. Go Bears!

I may sneak out to PV on Friday afternoon/late morning. Care to join?

1 Like

Hell yeah! I’m off on Friday so anytime. Thanks for the offer.

Let me see what I can get set up. I’ll be in touch.

1 Like

So my buddy just told me that Prairie Creek CC in Rogers announced today that they are closing on April 30th for good. Super bummed, as this was where I played most of my high school golf growing up and effectively learned the game. Me and my buddy gonna play there this Friday to send off the old course one last time.

If y’all get a chance before the end of April you should get over there and play a round.

1 Like

What the hell is going on?

1 Like

Disagree here. Bear Den is the best golf course of the 4. Then CCLR, esp. given the scenery/views. Then Founders. Then PV in last- a glorified Bella Vista Country Club IMO.

Anybody play Big Sugar in Pea Ridge? Played while on a retreat down there in April. What a crazy place that was! Wouldn’t want to play it every day, but it was pretty fun once.

That was pretty much my home course in high school (went back/forth between there and Prairie Creek GC). It’s a kick in the nuts if you don’t know where to hit the ball on several holes. Since the ownership changed hands and they completely re-built the course it’s come along pretty well all things considered.

Moved here a little over 3 years ago and just recently joined up. Don’t really have anyone to hit the sticks with so I’m looking for some guys who wouldn’t mind a lone soldier.

1 Like

Hey, just joined and live in Bentonville! Always looking for people to hit local courses with. That goes for anyone living or visiting the area.

1 Like

Everyone doing okay up there after this morning?

I’m safe here in Fayetteville. Scary stuff and very fortunate to have as few injuries as there are.

2 Likes

Ts & Ps for my fellow Nesticles in NWA. Hope y’all saw it out alive.

2 Likes