Roll Call: North Dakota

I’m sure that sucked, but I got a pretty good chuckle out of it. Hahahaha.

So pleased to be driving around Grand Forks today and discovered that they have indeed saved Ray Richards Golf course per @anon3021505 earlier post. The university had previously announced they were shutting it down.

Looked to be in great condition and had a nice number of groups out there.

RR is basically where I took up the game.

2 Likes

Heading up to F/M for a wedding on July 11th-12th. Girlfriend is a bridesmaid and I barely know the bride or groom, so I’m off to do whatever on that Saturday afternoon. Would love to play a round with some refugees if anyone is available! (preferably not the meadows)

2 Likes

Fuuuuuuuuuudge, that’s the week of our big member-guest! Damn, I would have loved to hook something up.

1 Like

Played a few rounds there way back. Definitely going to get out there one time this year for the nostalgia.

I would tee it up with you, but if things stay as planned I’ll be in Denver.

1 Like

Damn, if anything changes for either of you let me know! Where should I go? What’s in good shape? Chances of me getting onto FCC or Oxbow are pretty much zero, and the only other 18 in the area I haven’t played is Edgewood so I’m leaning there

1 Like

@JScore has been at Edgewood a few times recently, so he could speak to the conditions. I’ve also heard that Rose Creek is in good shape right now, but haven’t played there yet this year.

Edgewood is absolutely fetch right now. The greens were awesome this weekend.

2 Likes

Going to put this out there one more time just in case anyone missed it or plans have changed, planning on playing either Rose creek or Edgewood tomorrow around 4 or 5 (or later idk). If anyone wants to join let me know!

1 Like

Last minute but I have an opening at village tomorrow at 11:45. Not as good as Edgewood admittedly.

1 Like

Shoot, wouldn’t be able to make that, we’ll have to do it another time. Thanks for the offer though!

1 Like

No problem. I forgot about your post and I ended up cancelling my trip out of town. Was just at Edgewood for a twilight tonight. Super good shape. What a gem.

2 Likes

That’s alright, it almost didn’t happen anyways (still might not happen, could be stuck with wedding stuff). that looks puurree, I can’t believe I never made it out there when I was in F/M for college.

2 Likes

I’m doing a PTO staycation week this week. Willing able to play during the week if anyone’s interested. Willing to hop in the car and take a drive too. Might consider a day trip even down to Sioux Falls or Twin Cities or something too. Maybe Bismarck or lakes country. Sending out feelers.

1 Like

Should have a spot Thursday at 4:40, if you don’t find anything cooler.

1 Like

So I’m looking to get a good lesson(s). any suggestions on which pro in the fargo area a guy should be calling first?

Unfortunately I can’t help there. Never taken a lesson. I know Lisa at Osgood is pretty wonderful and I have some experience in dealing with Matt Cook at Rose Creek, but I’ve never taken lessons from either. Greg McCullough at Edgewood is also a really good dude.

Sorry I couldn’t be of assistance. Maybe @JScore can help? We’re a pretty limited crew in the ND thread. Hahahaha.

No problem, I just thought I’d ask you guys quick before I started making a bunch of calls.