Roll Call: North Dakota

Alright, alright. I don’t think there’s much of an ND contingent, but when look around at the other roll call threads, I see posts about coming to town and playing. So I wanted to make this for two reasons.

First and foremost, hi, I’m from ND, lets talk about ND golf. Second, hi, I’m in ND and if you’re coming to ND, lets golf. I’ve said it a few places, but I am a member at Moorhead Country Club; have connections at the other two private clubs in the Fargo - Moorhead area (Fargo CC and Oxbow); my old man built (half) a course in the Bismarck area; I have family around Hawktree; family halfway to Links of ND, family near King’s Walk in Grand Forks; family halfway to Bully Pulpit; etc etc. What I’m trying to say is I’m pretty sure, given family duties and other golf plans, I’m reasonably sure I can get anywhere worth playing in ND if you’re in the state.

For a dump of a state, we have some decent golf! Come check it out some time!

8 Likes

ND resident here. Although not really. I’ve lived in Fargo for what seems like forever so if it’s not in Cass County I probably have no idea where it is except for Bismarck, Grand Forks and Jamestown.

1 Like

Where do you play, JScore?

Usually get the Fargo All City pass each year so a lot of rounds (save for flooding) at Edgewood, Rose Creek. I’ve done men’s club at Osgood for years too.

Then I also try to get around the area on weekends. Typically a little drive to Wildflower when I can.

Had a 108 hole weekend this summer at Bully, Hawktree, and the little muni gem, Tom O’Learys.

1 Like

No shit? The bank I work for has two groups at Osgood and I fill in for them on occasion. Play Wildflower at least a couple times a year, too. They used to do a two man 6-6-6 event that was really fun, but they didn’t do it this year.

I grew up in the Bismarck area, so I know Tom O well. Awesome.

1 Like

Although I’ve lived in CO for 24 years I’m still a ND gui at heart.

Grew up in Bottineau, but didn’t really play all that much at the local 9 holers, just occasional trips out with my grandparents. Fully took up the game in college at Grand Forks and played a ton of Lincoln (pre flood 18 layout) , Ray Richards (now gone) and Manvel (reversible! suck it EAL). King’s Walk wasn’t built yet.

Wife’s family is from Dickinson/Bismarck so when back we play a lot of Dickinson, South Heart, Hawktree and Bully Pulpit. Did a trip out to The Links late this season after a trip home.

2 Likes

Ray Richards is actually coming back! Opening 2020. Or maybe even had some rounds last fall. I think I heard the Richards family made a big deal about the closing and the university decided to re-open it. Played there a bit back in, say 2008-ish? But that was back when I played 3 times a year.

1 Like

Cool. It was a nice place to learn the game. Hopefully they can find funds to bring back the UND golf team as well.

2 Likes

The Braves!!

1 Like

Hi all, glad to see there are a few ND people here. I live in Enderlin ND, I play around mostly in all of SE ND.

1 Like

Dialing in from Bismarck here. Born and raised in the Mpls area but moved to Bismarck Jan 19 for a new job. Joined Hawktree last summer and planning on doing that again but always looking for a game or new places to play.

3 Likes

Have not met them. I mostly played as a single after work this past year. Will be looking to get more involved with their men’s league and/or events this coming summer.

1 Like

The Cleveland’s are members and definitely do men’s night. I’m sure you’ll bump into them.

1 Like

Hey Steve - I play out of Hawktree and can get you worked into the regular groups; no need to play solo tax man (we work together).

1 Like

I miss Bismarck golf. Moved back to MT in late '18 but I loved the sheer amount of golf that you could get in a 15 mile radius. 7 public courses for a metro area of ~110,000 is a great selection.

i know the bismarck area course have been open for a few weeks and it sounds like the a lot of courses in the fargo area will be opening up here this weekend. friday 4/17 (leonard and casselton) to name a couple or saturday 4/18 (wahpeton) has anyone heard if the fargo courses have come out with a date yet?

2 Likes

Fargo guy! Welcome!!

I haven’t seen anything relating to dates at all for the Fargo courses. Last I saw, there was nothing concrete yet. I think Rose Creek posted something earlier this week on their Facebook saying they are still figuring out COVID procedure. I know Edgewood is still fighting some flooding, as well.

1 Like

Osgood league is setting up to start next week based on emails I’ve been getting this week.

Needing to set up an online account and add a credit card and what not to be able to check in.

Tee times also shifting to every 10 minutes.

1 Like

Siiiick. I hadn’t heard that! We’re close!

Very close! They seem to have quite a few details planned out, but I worry about how well they’ll be deployed by next week. And how well golfers will adjust to them.

Super stoked to walk with my sticks again!

1 Like