Roll Call: North Carolina

I doubt US Open will have much impact on tee sheets at other courses, especially as far as Wilmington.

If anything it may marginally free up tee times because some folks will be at the Open.

2 Likes

There really is no equal to Sequoyah Natty in terms of public mountain golf in the southeast. Sure, Primland for the brand name, but in NC truly public there is nothing. Olde Beau can match views off the escarpment but not the quality of course/conditioning. Did this golfmoose deal a year ago and was blown away. Everywhere you look, every hole, looks like this…

10 Likes

I’m playing there on Sunday. Cannot wait…

3 Likes

Almost looks a little stanzy with the land movement.

I know I am probably in a minority here but living on mountains has shaped me to think Primland is a bit over hyped/priced.

HS wrestling season killed this deal for me

You need to get with the guy whose name we can’t speak and come up here for a day at RCC/AP

New to the boards. Based in Raleigh.

6 Likes

Come on in. Your fellow sickos await. We will hook you up.

2 Likes

Primland is $200-$300 now. Even at its highest, SNatty is like $130. Can’t imagine Primland being more than twice as good. Would love to get there one day, but not for that. Primland is pretty much the only course between Roanoke and Knoxville, Kentucky to Asheville we have yet to play

1 Like

Hey all, my son just moved to the Raleigh-Durham area and is looking for people to play with. He’s not a member of the Nest, so not on here. Was wondering if there are any groups in the area he can connect with? Thanks.

1 Like

This right here. We’ll take good care of him, dad. Great crew down this way.

3 Likes

Thanks so much. I sent him the link. I just got back from playing Tobacco Road with him yesterday and look forward to getting back down for some golf again soon. Hopefully I’ll be able to join you all for a round as well.

1 Like

Damnit I really wish this was good for literally one more week after the good through date

Hey all, I am traveling down to Raleigh from Baltimore at the end of the month and am looking to play Friday or Saturday (March 29th/30th). Would be open to jumping into a group or please send any recommendations my way as I’m there a few times a year. Thanks!

I won’t be around that weekend but I’m sure you can find a group to play with on our roost chat.
https://ukg.golf/join/FirstFlight

I’ll be moving to Raleigh in May - any groups in that area?

2 Likes

@Double_Bogey_Dave or @Swing_hard_and_hope can get you in First Flight.

Boy is there ever.

Click right here. Come on on in. First Flight will take great care of you.

1 Like

Would love to have you, I’ll add you to the group. Here is the overview: First Flight 2024 Season Launch - Google Slides

Holler if you have any questions or need any help getting to know Raleigh!

1 Like

reviews of olde beau please? thinking about buying this one

1 Like

guys allow me to break some news here, Omni Grove Park is absolutely stellar. $90 feels like a deal, what an amazing experience

4 Likes