Roll Call: North Carolina

Hey all,

Just following the ideas of some other areas. I am located in Charlotte and play out of TPC Piper Glen. Also a U of South Carolina Alum and current U of South Carolina MBA Student. Go Cocks!

Cheers!

8 Likes

Raleigh, NC here…play out of River Ridge.
Former club pro and have 11 year old son that plays competitively.

7 Likes

The big city of Yadkinville. Play at Pine Needles and Maple Chase (maples design in WS). Old goat. Play senior events.

2 Likes

Asheville here. Play anywhere in the area, really. Any other WNC’ers?

High Point/Greensboro area…just moved here and looking for some good places to play!

3 Likes

Moved to Charlotte(ish) from Newcastle, England in 2012 for college & I’m still here. Can’t beat this great golfing weather compared to where I grew up!

1 Like

Proud Virginian and 757 native here, but I live 5 minutes from the state line and caucus with North Carolinians so I feel I can chime in here. I tend to get down to Scotch Hall Preserve quite a bit and play some of the OBX golf courses during the summer. My go-to NC goat track is Eagle Creek in Moyock. Love that place.

Welcome! Glad to hear you’re enjoying Charlotte. Where do you play most often?

Thanks! Sadly for the last couple of months, nowhere. In the next year or so I’m going to be looking to find a home course/club.

1 Like

I highly recommend Piper Glen. Let me know if you have any questions about PG or any other clubs. Maybe we can get out one of these days.

New to the board here. RDU golfer always looking for a good course recommendation in this area. Live in the CH area and find that while Finley and the other university courses are great tracks, they’re often a little pricey for non-university affiliated folks. Hit 'em long and straight.

Also in Charlotte. Home courses are Skybrook or Rocky River. @cltgamecock I’d love to play the Glen with you sometime if you need a +1!

Glad to meet another Charlotte NLU fan. Rocky River is a very enjoyable course. I’d love to have you out once this sh*t weather clears up!

My grandfather, Bob Hotaling, used to work out at River Ridge before he passed. Great memories as a little kid out there with my Pop!

Last year was our first season at River Ridge - very pleased. It is an interesting layout with very fast, sloping greens. Lots of opportunities to play to backboards and use the contour of the greens on approach shots - which I find to be great fun.

From the tips, 16/17 (par4/par3) are the two toughest holes on the course, followed by a par 5 birdie opportunity at the last.

Driving through Asheville in a few weeks on my way to a golf trip down in SC. Will have one in the car with me and we thought it’d be a great halfway point to squeeze 9 in. I know the Ross designed municipal course gets good press but any locals have tips?

I would re route and shoot down through Chattanooga to hit Sweetens. I really need to see that place

Good call, it’ll add about 2 hours to our drive so I don’t know how up for that we may be. I went down and played SC last fall, it absolutely is worth the trip.

Usually make several trips up to the mountains every year. What are some of your course recommendations ?

If you’re coming from the South, Cherokee Valley in Travelers Rest is probably my favorite course in the area. Elevation changes for days! Grove Park Inn has a good classic Ross course and it’s right in Asheville. Sequoyah National is a must play too. A little quirky but alot of fun

2 Likes