Roll Call: North Carolina

Haven’t played it in maybe 4-5 years they were starting to turn the place around then.

Might also suggest Keith Hills, or Carolina Lakes.
South of Fayetteville is Cypress lakes it’s so so conditions but fun little track.

appreciate all the detail. played a couple lovely rounds at Tanglewood Park Championship and Oak Valley. my wet Michigan game was not prepared for the deadpan around the green surrounds but had a great time at both

3 Likes

Hello North Carolina People,

I will be in Concord NC in a few weeks with my Parents for a dog show any recommendations for a place to play in the area? Any course recs highly appreciated!!!

rocky river in concord

2 Likes

Mooresville, and Lexington CC are good options close to where you will be.

1 Like

Monroe CC pretty cool OG ross not terrible far too

2 Likes

Will 2nd Rocky River. Cool place near the race track and good condition. back up would be Skybrook right around the corner

2 Likes

Hi all! Long time NLU listener, first time refuge chatter. Is this the best place to find a fourth in the Charlotte area? Thanks in advance

4 Likes

Yes. You can find some NC folks in here. There is also a Charlotte Roost with it’s own WhatsApp. @Hitchings21 can probably hook you up with that.

2 Likes

I think @Deven75 is your guy.

1 Like

Oops, my mistake. Deven and Travis are so similar is so many ways I mixed them up.

2 Likes

Big, big stuff happening at Asheville Muni.

Renovation details

Here are some befores and afters of #16, which was a disaster for years:

The course is really looking and playing great. They’ve cut down a ton of trees, redone and reshaped some bunkers, resodded all over the place, and fixed all the greens. There’s still a lot of work to be done, including some storm water stuff, but it’s already night and day from what it was even a few months ago.

18 Likes

Wow, that’s a heck of a difference. I played this place about 15 years ago as I was driving from NY back to FL and loved it. Glad its on the up and up.

1 Like

Here’s a link to our Charlotte Roost chat, would love to get you involved! There’s also a link to the greater Carolina’s chat, people all across the states are always getting together to play.

2 Likes

I will be traveling to Asheville NC the week of July 25th, anyone have any time and connections to a fun golf course?

Anyone played Dormie Club? Good experience ?

5 Likes

It’s lovely. I rank it as my favorite course in the area. It’s got a special spot in my heart. If you have the opportunity present itself, you should play.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Also, @Devilhawk9 , there is not a course around nc that someone on this board hasn’t played. I know your question is coming from a good place, but as you can see you’ll catch strays for not using the search bar haha. Cheers homie, welcome aboard.

Also also, given we are getting close to member guest season, feel free to ask sticker price or more for any tee gifts in the Silk Road thread. But you better include a foot photo or it won’t sell.

Also also also, do not smile in any of your mirror selfie “is my fit ok?” thread posts. That shit will get you banned.

5 Likes

Cheers all - long time listener, new refugee. Moved to Charlotte for work late last year. Other than lamenting the bagel scene, enjoying my return to the Southeast (graduated from college in NC in 2020, but grew up in PA and worked in Boston after graduating). Definitely a longer golf season down here, and cheaper than New England courses.

I try to play when I’m in town and there’s decent weather, or fire in all directions at leatherman or pineville village. Would love to tee it up with a few new faces. Did get to play Charlotte CC last week which was a humbling experience, spent a lot of time in the sand.

6 Likes