Roll Call: North Carolina

That is awesome!! Burial is so freaking good!! Glad you had a great time and hope you will visit again :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Double_Bogey_Dave hey Dave - long time listener, first time caller here. Live over in Durham and been thinking about trying to #getinvolved with some of the Roost/CLC meet ups and was hoping you could add me to the First Flight refuge thread? I hopped in the WhatsApp group already but would love to learn more about First Flight too

3 Likes

Below is the link for the First Flight WhatsApp thread, Iā€™ll also add you to the Refuge group so you can see and respond to posts in these threads.

Iā€™m in Hillsborough, letā€™s get out and play golf sometime soon!

@Swing_hard_and_hope can get you squared away with any other First Flight related items.

Awesome! Preciate it @Double_Bogey_Dave would love to get out sometime. Iā€™ll keep an eye on the First Flight WhatsApp message for getting everything set up

2 Likes

Michigan native here, traveling to Winston Salem area for work next week. Booked a tee time already at Tanglewood Park Championship Course. Looking for any other recommendations in the area, even a good practice range/area as i need things to do in the late afternoons lol

3 Likes

Tanglewood has a Par 3 course that is worth checking out.

As far as other course recs, Reynolds Park (NOT the Reynolds Course at Tanglewood) is in Winston and a great muni.

Youā€™re also likely going to get a ton of input on courses. How far are you willing/able to travel?

2 Likes

looking at google maps, those both are reasonable time and distance from downtown WS

Oak Valley is right down the road from Tanglewood. Great Arnold Palmer design that would be great for a twilight round.

3 Likes

Reynolds Park if you want bang for the buck

5 Likes

Has anyone played Carolina National recently? Have a trip in May and looking to play it, but with it being little bit of a drive from Wilmington wanted to see if anyone had insight on conditions.

1 Like

I played it a few weeks ago with @AnOlGoatTrack . I thought the conditions were decent. I imagine theyā€™ve gotten better since then. Lots of greening and firming of greens and fairways around here in the past few weeks.

2 Likes

@FirstFlight anyone playing tomorrow morning between Fayetteville and Raleigh that has room for 1 more? I have a free morning on a work tripā€¦

Wish I could. I shared your request in our WhatsApp.

1 Like

I booked a tee time at a place called Kings Grant in Fayetteville. No idea if itā€™s any good

I donā€™t know the area well. Pine Hollow is a favorite of the FF crew out that way. That is a bit north of where you will be.

Sadly they didnā€™t have anything early enough.

Not available to play tomorrow but kings grant is usually considered good for Fayetteville. I havenā€™t been in a couple of years but it was in better shape than Stryker.

1 Like

Sweet. Thanks

1 Like

Iā€™m in AVL.

Itā€™s starting to really shape up. I play out there weekly and you can tell itā€™s getting better and better each time. When youā€™re down give me a shout if you need an extra, I practically live across the street