Roll Call: North Carolina

Welcome, happy to have you (back) here! @Deven75 can get you added to our Queen City Hive Roost here on the Refuge. Would love to hear more about your Charlotte CC experience.

We’ve got a couple of WhatsApp chats you can hop in, one for the QCH and one for the greater Carolinas. You’ll find no shortage of folks wanting to tee it up!

QCH chat:

CLC chat:

4 Likes

Thanks!

Thought Charlotte CC was great, members and staff were very nice. Admittedly don’t get to play many private courses, so got the invite from an executive at work and jumped on it. Pretty good risk reward, if you play stupid games you will certainly win stupid prizes. Two of the guys in my group (including member) picked up out of bunkers on multiple holes, but I thought it was very playable as a mid/high handicapper. 18 is a nice short par 4 finish to a great clubhouse view. No clue how it compares to other private courses in the area.

3 Likes

All downhill from there.

3 Likes

Howdy, I’m moving to Charlotte at the end of the month. Really excited to jump in with everyone.

I’ll be joining Skybrook in Huntersville and would love to host some nesticles!

9 Likes

Southern Pines, NC check in here! Looking forward to teeing it up! :call_me_hand:t3:

8 Likes

Welcome!!! Not on that side of the state very often but I will certainly keep Skybrook in mind!

Welcome Travis!! Southern Pines is lovely :)…I am 2 hours East but try to get out there regularly.

@Swing_hard_and_hope can get you set up in First Flight if you’d like. And someone with the links can post them for the WhatsApp chats.

And welcome!

1 Like

reminder sign ups for the 3br are live, 2 hours from GSO/WS area 3 ish from RDU

Pete Dye course and a chance to earn an NIT bid (I hope still)

3 Likes

bumping these for @the.marc.christopher

CLC chat is for you as well @TravisG - someone will hook you up with the First Flight Roost chat too

2 Likes

Great course. Coore Crenshaw. One of the better options in the Pinehurst area. Worth a play.

First Flight WhatsApp:

1 Like

Preciate the hookup!

CLC, still the best logo in sports.

11 Likes

Poor guy started from the top!

Checking in here as I will be moving to Charlotte in a few weeks. I’ve been trying to do research on courses/clubs and would appreciate any recommendations. Would love to get added to the Queen City Hive Roost (just joined the WhatsApp) @Deven75.

4 Likes

Feel free to fire off some messages in the whatsapp. Many local members that can give advice depending on price/location/needs. Same with public options.

1 Like

Plural?

4 Likes

Depends how brave you are

1 Like

It’s that time of year again. Haven’t seen the usual Outer Banks ask yet so I will throw it out there. I’ll be staying in Duck next week and looking to get a round in. Right now my thoughts are:

Duck Woods (if I can get a tee time)
Kilmarlic (only one I’ve played before)
The Pointe
Currituck Club

The wild card is that it looks like the area is supposed to get a bunch of rain this week. Last time I was there this happened too. Kilmarlic played okay, but the parts of Duck Woods and The Pointe were massive puddles all over.

Any recommendations on what is worth the crazy greens fees and which can handle some water?

2 Likes