Roll Call: North Carolina

Others will have more options and opinions but I did my bachelor party there in the fall. We played Maggie Valley and Springdale. Both were a lot of fun and budget friendly. I enjoyed Springdale the most. The front 9 of Maggie is great the back gets a little quirky.

Agree with @AirMailWedges about Springdale and Maggie - also played Laurel Ridge and Sequoyah (the most expensive of the 4) on a trip and they’re all fun courses

Thanks guys…Appreciate the info. Did either of you look into Omni Grove? Been there a few times but never played.

Did you go AirBNB with the guys or just snag a hotel? Gonna look into those four courses for sure.

Thanks again.

@AirMailWedges @RDUAccountant

In huntersville for a week. Anyone owing around the area this weekend?

We looked into playing Omni Grove, just wasnt in the budget for some of the lesser golfing friends. Suppose to be a great course.

We had an AirBNB just outside town in Waynesville, easy drive anywhere you need to go.

1 Like

Right on. Love the area, adding golf to the itinerary will only make it better.

Stayed in Waynesville at an VRBO - plenty of options that way between hikes, breweries and golf to keep everyone happy

1 Like

If you scroll up a ways, you can see the WhatsApp group links. Or somebody more sophisticated can post the links. There’s a general Carolinas one (Chatham Lawn Club, or CLC), and First Flight Roost chats (also a Charlotte roost but I think you’re in Raleigh from the PH thread).

Lots of rounds being scheduled in those groups, and you’d find some interesting characters to boot.

1 Like

Had to go a ways back for this haha. Hope that’s not a problem!

Noah D
Will provide # if needed!
Raleigh, NC
Twitter: HashtagNoahJD

Would be interested in the WhatsApp and any other groups I can be put in on the Nest. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion! Just tagged the guy I think is able to get me in those groups? Hope to see you out on the links soon!

@Swing_hard_and_hope is the other person who can help (with First Flight Roost stuff).

1 Like

Depending on where you’re coming from and what kind of time you’re wanting to have, Old Beau in Roaring Gap could be a good option. Really cool (hard) mountain course, very well maintained, and many good lodging options on the course for a Stay&Play.

It’s only about 2.5 hours from the triangle area if you happen to be coming from that side of the state. More accessible than Asheville for me without having to sacrifice the mountain vibe. Only downside is that it’s about 15-20 minutes for bars/restaurants in Sparta or Elkin. But if you’re looking for a quiet place to chill and golf for a couple days it’s a really good value.

1 Like

I’ve added you to the First Flight Refuge group. @Swing_hard_and_hope can get you dialed on the Roost Specific stuff.

Had a buddy from college grew up in Elkin…Good shout, I’ll have to give it a look!

@ShouldaDone1stTime Looks like you got added to the group in here and the whats app. Just holler if you need help with anything.

1 Like

When is our next day to play? I’m looking to use this new putter I snagged this off season.

1 Like

We’re playing all the time!

@Hitchings21 can get you added to the QCH roost on here so you have access to our section of the site.

Join in our WhatsApp chat here

We have an event at Mimosa Hills coming up in March.

A 3-Roost event just went live for June.

1 Like

Added @Peter-Gilbert , you’ll be able to see the threads in the Queen City hive section of the refuge. Welcome!

Hey @Double_Bogey_Dave can you add my brother @jgramsbo to the First Flight roost. I finally convinced him to join the Nest.

2 Likes

I’ll add him to the Group on the Refuge. @Swing_hard_and_hope will take care of the Roost specific stuff.

1 Like