Roll Call: North Carolina

Sweet. I’m out and about so please go online and add yourself or call the shop.

Done, made it for 4. Easy to find another

1 Like

I’m in for muni as well so just need one more.
@deez_nauts wanna play? Since I forgot to invite you last time

Anyone have a recommendation on golf clubs in the Durham area? I am most likely moving to the Durham area and will be working at Wolfspeed around the 440 and 87 intersection. Looking for 500-600 monthly with “reasonable” initiation. Once I find a good club I will start looking for houses haha.

1 Like

Croaisdale, Treyburn, or Hope Valley are your best bets. Worth also looking at Mill Creek in Mebane or Briar Creek in Raleigh.

You can also join the Duke U course

Treyburn is also part of McConnell so you get access to some very good clubs including Raleigh CC and Sedgefield

4 Likes

Treyburn fits the bill for what you are looking for price wise. Golf course is outstanding and you can always get a tee time.

1 Like

I’m at Croasdaile - love it. Would be happy to show you around.

2 Likes

Treyburn or Croasdaile. Both great places.

2 Likes

Hey y’all, recently moved to the Chapel Hill area and one of my 2023 resolutions is to find more people to play with and try to have a little more fun. Tired of playing as a single!

5 Likes

Welcome. You should join the WhatsApp chats. The CLC is more general talk that covers all of NC, SC and part of VA. The first flight is our local roost. That is where you will find more golf opportunities.

1 Like

Fellow Chapel Hill resident, look forward to teeing it up sometime

2 Likes

I’m in Durham, always up for a round! Welcome

1 Like

Can anyone fill me in on Chapel Hill country club? Course, club, general vibe? Thanks.

Usually good conditions although it can get swampy in the lower lying areas (10, 11, 18 in particular). Nice upscale clubhouse, bar in the locker room type facility. Strong family presence with large tennis facility and pool. Course has some shitty quirky holes, including one par 5 that was introduced to me as “7, 7, 7” because that was the best way to play it. Even though it’s through a neighborhood, it’s not a bad walk.

1 Like

Thanks. Appreciate the info.

11, "7-7-7 (can’t remember the hole), and 18 all kinda stink just thinking about it

Hey everyone, Charlotte resident here and new to the refuge. I mostly play out of Rocky River, but am up for a game anywhere in the area.

5 Likes

Welcome, if you want to get involved in a Roost we have one in charlotte, I can add you to the roster. Just let me know!

3 Likes

For anyone not in the Whatsapp chat and in the ILM area or wanting to drive a little bit.

Have a tee time at Not That Pine Valley tomorrow at 10:50a with @iPress and @deez_nauts.
1 spot available.

2 Likes

Hi all -

Just joined the Nest today. Super stoked! Looking into a guys trip to the mountains in NC (Asheville most likely). Wondering if anyone has done the same and has suggestions.

Also am I posting this in the right spot?

Thanks!

5 Likes