Roll Call: North Carolina

Ahhhh…Family Roost Rivalry coming…Love to see it. Welcome @jgramsbo

4 Likes

Hey all - I am going to be down playing Pinehurst for the first time March 13-19 and would love to play with some fellow NLU fans! Would anyone want to play Tobacco Road on Wednesday, March 15? And would love to play a round with someone on the morning of Thursday March 16 - open to locations. Down for a work trip the first half of the week and then coincidentally my wife and I had planned to celebrate my 35th birthday down there the same week.

3 Likes

Flights booked for a weekend to Charlotte to come scout out Winston-Salem neighborhoods with my wife later in February. The relocation effort is progressing slightly.

It felt appropriate to flip this thread to ‘tracking’ now.

23 Likes

Yessir!! Great news :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome @MFoley2010…Would love to join but unfortunately, those dates sit between two week-long trips away from the office so I don’t think I want to push my luck any further. I am sure someone here will join you once the date gets closer…Have fun!

Currently living in Winston if you have questions on the city or area.

2 Likes

Going to be driving up and down the streets of Ardmore, West End, Old Sherwood Forest, New Sherwood, Buena Vista (:nail_care:) and then around the edges of most of those too.

We’re staying in a cheap ass Hampton (shoutout Hilton Friends & Family pricing) near Hanes Mall and I promise I won’t judge Winston based on that.

Our high level strategy is for my wife and I to come drive around these areas we’re interested in. Get a feel for distances, commutes, stores, etc. Then our next trip down, we plan to bring the kiddo and aim for an AirBNB in hopefully our “top” neighborhood and explore more of the city.

Then ideally the next time we travel there is our move. No rush or time constraints for us though so we’re plodding our way around the course for this one.

Heard from a reputable source that Maple Chase is probably a good club to look to join initially. Hearing the renovation and upgrades planned will take it to its old pure Maples self – shoutout Big Mape.

I’m so jazzed. I’m spending a lot of time on Redfin.

12 Likes

I hope this works out, NC would he happy to have you and yours.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Late notice but I am flying out to Raleigh this weekend for a couple shows at Lincoln Theater. Got a tee time at Duke for two on Friday February 3rd at 12:10 and the other guy bailed. I know the weather looks pretty terrible, but it’s better than the single digit temps and snow covered courses we have here in Utah so I am taking advantage of a chance to play. Let me know if anyone wants to join!

3 Likes

Blame @Hwhite

3 Likes

I blame redfin and my crippling real estate addiction

3 Likes

Silver lining, @LukeBoatright – my drive time to come visit is cut down to about 3 hours from 22 hours.

6 Likes

Maple Chase has a booming junior golf program right now. Especially on the girls side. The local high school is ranked #1 in the country. Morgan Ketchum just finished the fall session at Virginia Tech as the #1 with a scoring average hovering around 72. Not bad for the first semester of ACC competition. Macy Pate shot a 57 and the Reagan High team shot a 3-player total of 190 in the conference championships last fall.

3 Likes

There are a couple Maple Chase members in here. I’m sure they can host you if you want to get a look while in town.

@Sleepy @rhoward

5 Likes

This is a solid plan and good plan of attack to see the various neighborhoods. We’re in the West Salem neighborhood and big fans.

Maple Chase is awesome but I think Old Town is where you should consider and I’ll happily come join you once you are a member.

6 Likes

It’s also worth mentioning there is a ton of public and publicly accessible courses in and near Winston. What I would do if I lived in Winston is to play public golf locally and get an out of town membership at Mimosa Hills.

1 Like

Road-trip to Raleigh? I’m seeing American Aquarium tomorrow night in Wilmington

4 Likes

Yep, RTR. Going to the Thursday and Saturday shows this year.

1 Like

Hell yeah dude. Such a good time. Enjoy

1 Like