Roll Call: North Carolina

Asheville Muni is fun and inexpensive, but in rough shape now. Under new management though as of a couple weeks ago.

Black Mountain is great.

Skip Broadmoor. It’s a swamp.

I’ve heard and seen great things about Reems Creek, haven’t played there yet though.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome! I think I found that WhatsApp chat in one of the posts here, looking forward to playing with y’all

1 Like

Welcome @ldheal and you are right on your ideas of fall golf here! Lots of good rounds coming up!

Hopefully you got what you needed from the chat, and I can add you to the First Flight roost group. Let me know if you need anything else.

1 Like

Going to be in Chapel Hill for UNC game Saturday - I remember being underwhelmed by GameDay atmosphere on Franklin the day of a UNC/duke basketball game a few years ago…is there much of a GameDay atmosphere for football? Any good tailgating areas I need to hit?

(Wife’s family are all heels, so while I’m not an alum I will be decked out in baby blue)

1 Like

I’ll be there but I’ll be there legit right at kick off hopefully if not later. Our M/M got moved back to this weekend and I’ve had tickets for a while as well. 8 am shotgun, then hit the road for me

2 Likes

No, tailgating stinks at UNC. You’re either in a parking deck or in a Franklin Street restaurant.

2 Likes

Coming with full transparency - I’m an NC State guy but the tailgate scene is just meh because the stadium is on campus so you’re either in a parking deck, frat house or restaurant. Enjoy the cold beers and the temp looks like you’ll be avoiding some classic NC Tailgate Swamp Ass so thats cool

3 Likes

Yo guis:

One spot open at Longleaf with @Harper, YHM, and I on Saturday at 12:30.

Edit: obviously, all the CFB games I care about are on Saturday night. :laughing:

1 Like

So, you couldn’t get into Carolina? ~Drake Maye~ (probably)

3 Likes

I had the o/u set for 15 min for this comment so good job

5 Likes

Won’t find many better than these 4 lads right here @Smidler @bmasters @tdaly @nanerman

11 Likes

Did you lads win?

How many correct answers did @JamesHCard 's labradoodle Pluto provide?

On the ground in Chapel Hill - my expectations for GameDay atmosphere were low, but pleasantly surprised so far (if not slightly confused by the DJ on the steps of the library blaring soft rock over a common ground filled with vendor tents for replacement windows and mayonnaise…)

1 Like

Hello guys hope your well … I’m heading into North Carolina from the 10th 15th October gonna hunker down in the pinehurst area but willing to travel to all areas for golf . Recommended places within 2-3 hours would be great and if your about for a game to that would be awesome… am on a 14 day have golf clubs will travel trip just driving about and hitting balls… thanks in advance fellas

4 Likes

You’re in the epicenter but Wilmington Muni is 2.5 if you want to hit the coast and some good Raleigh options (will let others opine there). Ignore Charlotte

2 Likes

Pinehurst area (outside the obvious)
Hyland
Longleaf
Quail Ridge

The Triad: Greensboro/Winston/High Point
Bryan Park
Reynolds Park
Tanglewood
Holly Ridge
Forest Oaks
Oak Hollow

The Triangle: Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill
Lonnie Poole
UNC Finley (too expensive IMO)
Duke (too expensive IMO)
Pine Hollow
Occoneechee
Hillandale
Umstead Pines

5 Likes

Hey folks, seeing if you can give a fellow Bay Area Nesticle some advice:

Staying at the resort? I think they have a shuttle. White Horse transportation is really good too

Just unloaded the moving trailer into my garage. I’m now officially a Wilmington resident. Would love to get out for some golf in the near future with y’all.

10 Likes