Roll Call: North Carolina

I’m in the discord but missed that somehow.

1 Like
  • a million for the Med Deli recc

Honestly though I would head the 10 mins down 15-501 to Durham (Tastiest Town in the South!)

There is Saltbox (James Beard Winner), Boot Room, gugulhupf, and then downtown lots of fantastic restaurants (Mateo, Jack Tar, Pizzeria Toro, Alley 26 (James Beard Winner), Bar Virgile, and the M family of Restaurants to name a few.

1 Like

Thanks for this! Will be in Durham in a couple of weeks so this is very helpful.

2 Likes

If you need more let me know!

Anyone play Tobacco road lately? Supposed to play saturday. Hows the weather been in the pinehurst area?

1 Like

Five days ago

Incredible

Weather was perfect but I heard I saw a really good day and it was not normal

11 Likes

We’ve been in a wonderful stretch of weather the last week or so. Mid 80s and no humidity is a big rarity here for summer and it’s been a delight. Some rain in the forecast this weekend but it’s likely just passing showers.

4 Likes

Played Tobacco Road and Dormie Club Saturday / Sunday / Monday, excellent trip. Sunday was a damp but still got plenty of golf in.

3 Likes

Awesome weekend for sure!! Unfortunately, I never played DC before they shut the door for public play but I do love TR. Glad you had a good time!

Heading down to Charlotte tomorrow. Looking like I’ll be able to possibly play Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Would love linking up with some folks. Also thought about driving to sandhills on thurs or Friday for a round. I’ll be staying Rock Hill after that. Let me know if you have plans or openings I’ll try to meet up. Looking to try and get lucky and play 2 or 4. Looking into the resort possibly to get on.

1 Like

Anyone in the Winston Salem/ Triad, NC area? Moved to WS somewhat recently and still looking for people to play a round with.

Also, any course recommendations in the area?

5 Likes

Tanglewood Champs is a blast. Plenty of guis here play in the area that will have more thorough recommendations.

1 Like

Tanglewood Champs is the best in WS. Don’t sleep on Olde Homeplace for a stress free budget round. Bunch of guys on here love Reynolds Park but I’ve never played it. Bermuda Run and Salem Glenn aren’t bad but don’t play Salem Glenn after a rain.

In Greensboro both course at Bryan Park are very good. The Cardinal is a challenge but also a really good course.

In the High Point area Jamestown is a fun round and Oak Hollow has a great layout but they keep the bent greens very slow in the summer. Just south of High Point is Holly Ridge. A local favorite with a good price, great food and a fantastic hang.

Public golf in the triad is about as good as it gets

5 Likes

If you want to hook up with NLU locals join the CLC Whatsapp. That is where many of us post open spots.

Be warned that newbies get bombed with some weird questions. It’s just our way of saying hello.

1 Like

For the Winston area Reynolds Park (aka The People’s Old Town) might be too good. Tanglewood Champs is really good. Meadowlands is a fun one too. Oak Valley is a good one as well.

Maybe the only course grizz forgot in Greensboro is Forest Oaks.

There are a bunch of us in the triad always looking to play. I’d strongly suggest joining the WhatsApp chat.

5 Likes

Thanks all. Thats really helpful. Looking forward to getting roasted on whatsapp.

Heading to Asheville over Thanksgiving week and weekend for some golf and looking at houses and properties for future move. What are some golf courses that I need to check out, will the weather cooperate?

1 Like

You just never know with the weather lol…I have only played a couple public courses out there which were Black Mountain and Reems Creek. Both were solid mountain courses and pretty inexpensive from what I can remember. The thing I remember most about Black Mountain was the smoked deliciousness, that could be smelled all over the course, that was being prepared on the big smoker outside of the grill. It was awesome!

1 Like

Anyone in the RDU/triangle area? I just moved down a couple months ago and I heard the fall is awesome for golf here, looking around for course recs and people to play with.

6 Likes

Welcome to Carolina!

There are dozens of us! We’ve been playing golf together the last few years. We have a vibrant Roost (First Flight who @Swing_hard_and_hope an can you set up), and a wild general Carolinas WhatsApp thread.

2 Likes