Roll Call: North Carolina

I’m just outside Greenville. Play out of Cutter Creek but Ironwood is a fun track.

2 Likes

Alright, here are round times so far. I only booked one spot (except for Tobacco, I have all four spots), so if anyone wants to join would be great to meet up grab other spots

Sunday (8/14):

• Tobacco Road (0720)
  • Pine Needles (1420)

Monday (8/15):

• Mid Pines (0845)
  • Southern Pines (working on booking)
2 Likes

Great itinerary. I’d be up for all four if there’s a spot open. Let me know what time you end up getting for southern pines. I’ll call mid pines and needles tomorrow.

1 Like

someone talk me out of buying this

2 Likes

Condos with putting greens and BBQ is :fire::fire::fire::fire:.

Sorry, can’t do it?

2 Likes

If the Sunday through Thursday booking dates works for your schedule I’d say go for it and report back to the group

Do to s schedule change Lonnie Pool sat can’t work, is Pine Hollow pretty cool for a replacement?

1 Like

My favorite value course in the area.

3 Likes

Only played PH once and it was a ton of fun with fantastic greens at that time…

1 Like

sweet, 3 pm sat booked.

Also, do I need to make a tee time at hillandale if I wanna walk as a solo mid afternoons ya think?

They don’t do solo tee times. Just roll up and they will slot you into the tee sheet

1 Like

Hey All, I’m going to be in Wrightsville beach for two weeks starting Saturday for a family vacation. We’ve been going for years but this will be the first time I bring my sticks. Definitely plan on checking out Wilmington Muni, wondering if there’s anything else worth trying to see in the area. If anyone is looking to play those two weeks my schedule is pretty flexible and I’d love to get out with some refugees!

2 Likes

Yaah the Muni is the best public option in town…Heading North up 17 to Castle Bay would be a solid option and then there are numerous options heading South toward Leland and Calabash offer up several options as well. Cape Fear National and Compass Point use to be great (expensive) public options that are now private but you may still be able to get on. @JoeCostello and @Cooperk11 may could probably recommend some courses down that way that have good conditioning currently. Let us know what day you plan to play Muni and I’m sure some of us coastal guys could possibly join. If not have fun!

If you had one round and choosing the muni or cape fear, which is the pick?

I would probably say CF because of making several trips around it and loving it. However, first impressions of the Muni were strong and could easily play it all the time. If I have to pay for the round then probably Muni lol b/c CF prices skyrocketed from what they used to be…

we talking cape fear national or cape fear CC?

I don’t know the difference, I just know I’m going next spring trying to figure out what to attempt to do.

Cape Fear National is across the river from Wilmington in Leland, use to be public but went private newer course with some cool holes. Not worth the $ the money they want to play it IMO but I do love the place. Was my go to place to play before it went private and I joined my club.

Cape Fear CC is in the heart of town and is a Donald Ross. Great course and overall property. Worth a play if you know someone that can get you on.

Muni is amazing, especially if you play it once the weather warms up and it gets firm. It should be a must play at some point. Plus the cost at $42 with cart is a steal. Now the round will probably be slow and not nearly as manicured as the others but its great!

1 Like

Ahhh…Good catch T. Haven’t had the honor of playing Cape Fear CC but hope to at some point.

1 Like

I have an extra spot at Goodyear on sunday at noon if anyone here wants to get in with us.

Looking like walk hillandale the next 2-3 days, then pine hollow and goodyear on the weekend

And anyone around Wilmington - I have 2 tickets to OAR/Dispatch at Oak Bank pavili I cannot use. tickets are free if anyone refugee can use them (sept 3)

2 Likes