Roll Call: North Carolina

Last minute reqs for the best bbq in pinehurst?

Itā€™s been a tough scene since the Pik N Pig burned down but thereā€™s a new place called Embers in Southern Pines that seems worth checking out.

I havenā€™t been, so no personal experience. If you go, report back.

1 Like

Welcome! If you are looking to ease your way back into the game some good golf around CH to do it. Occoneechee being a fan favorite of the crew in here.

2 Likes

Fellow Chapel Hill resident and fairly new golfer here. Occoneechee is a great spot, reasonably priced and in great shape lately. Umstead Pines is good as well just a little bit further out.

3 Likes

Reading this thread I really want your first round in 15+ years to be at Tobacco Road, haha.

8 Likes

:rofl:

7 Likes

It may be the last for the next 15.

4 Likes

This might sound crazyā€¦but Smithfieldā€™s is the only option but itā€™s good. Stubbs in Carthage is good but itā€™s closed this week

Iā€™d be happy to amuse you all hacking it around Tobacco Road, but unfortunately canā€™t make it. Will save it for a 2nd round after Occoneechee.

Also thanks everyone for your input and welcome!

2 Likes

The Neech is the best, Iā€™m out of town until early August, but would be happy to tee it up with you when I am back.

1 Like

Iā€™m in RDU from the 10th until 14th next month for work and will have the clubs

2 Likes

I have the 0720 on 8/14 at Tobacco Road for 4 players, so looking for 3 to join if you want a spot.

Iā€™m in town also for work. Haha

3 Likes

ahhh damn the 14th is probs the only day that I couldnā€™t swing as I have to head back home and TR is the opposite way. I am for sure going to walk over at Hillandale either the 10th or 11th or both. Sat should be at Lonnie Pool in the afternoon. If you get freed up at all holler at me, Iā€™m staying at the Hyatt Place off I40.

2 Likes

Coming down to play Tobacco Road in about 10 days for the fist time. Any tips or anything I should look for?

1 Like

Chapel Ridge is a decent option outside of those already mentioned.

2 Likes

Link to a guide to Tobacco Road in this post:
https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/tobacco-road-when-is-next-weekend/4554/939?u=arydolphin

3 Likes

Thanks. Tossed TR into the search bar and missed this one.

Hey yā€™all, New Refuge member from Greensboro. Iā€™ve been a big fan of NLU for a while and thought it would be a good time to get connected.

9 Likes

good time to sign up and play in a NLU event on July 23 in Radford VA too

3 Likes

I have 1 one final spot up for grabs. just off 81, maybe 2:15 from charlotte.
bout 100 miles from Winston Salem
tee time is 11:27 you got time to get there in the morning