Roll Call: North Carolina

And Quail Ridge is a better layout IMO. I was very impressed with it.

For those not in our Whats App chat, @AirMailWedges and myself will be playing Castle Bay in Hampstead, NC on Sunday around 1:15. We have room for 2 if anyone is down near Topsail Island.
Have a fanfreakingtastic weekend wherever you are!

Update - Four spots filled

4 Likes

Count me in for 1:15 at Castle bay.

2 Likes

Gentlemen, some advice needed again:

I will be in RDU area August 10-14 for a trade show. Usually try to get one in with @Fore20 on the way down. Little wrinkly this year, my boys are coming down fri night to meet me for the weekend in NC. theyā€™ll be in around 7 fri, so thinking a lit 9 at knight golf that night. Sat I am looking for a fairly baller option, looking at Lonnie Pool or something toward Pinehurst area maybe, but willing to travel a good bit for this one. Sunday, probably will play somewhere north of Raleigh heading back toward VA (@Double_Bogey_Dave is the neech kind that direction?)

Looking for suggestions for the sat round the most, followed by sun

2 Likes

Occoneechee is on the way back towards Roanoke. Itā€™s off HWY 70 before taking 86 towards Danville.

Iā€™d also suggest Goodyear if you havenā€™t played it.

2 Likes

Awesome! cya there!

2 Likes

Hey Dave, just moved to Charlotte and would love to be added to the whatsapp group!

2 Likes

Here is the link for the general Carolinas WhatsApp

If interested in getting involved with a Roost @Hitchings21 can get you set up with the Charlotte Roost.

Look forward to getting out and playing golf sometime!

Whatā€™s the best courses around Supply? Have a buddy going down there for vacation trying to give him some pointers.

Hey guysā€¦Iā€™m down at Sunset Beach for a few weeks and my wife wants to shoot over to Pinehurst for the day to see the place. Iā€™ve been going every year for the last few years, but sheā€™s never been. Our kids (8 and 10) would be with us and we wouldnā€™t be playing golf. What are some things we can do that would be fun? Weā€™ll spend some time at the resort so she can see that and probably some time on the Thistle Dhu. But outside of that, weā€™re pretty open. Any good ice cream spots, coffee spots, or casual food places we should look into?

1 Like

Iā€™m sure there are others that can recommend a lot more than me but Thistle Dhu is a must as well as a quick walk around to check out historical features inside and out. Go grab a quick drink out by the new spot on the left side of the Cradle and watch a few group hit their shots. The Deuce is always a great spot to watch and eat. I also highly recommend Scrollicious for ice cream in Pinehurst. I have never had my kids there so I am sure there are plenty of other options folks can recommend.

Alright folks, travel booked. Flying in Saturday and staying in the Pinehurst area. Planning on doing 36 Sunday and 36 Monday

Thinking:

Sunday:

• Tobacco Road
  • Pine Needles

Monday

• Mid Pines
  • Southern Pines

Anybody up to join?

4 Likes

Great line up man!! Cannot join you since I will be baking in the sun at State baseball tournament in Dunnā€¦Quite a few of the local guys will be down at the Low Country Boil but there should be some locals that donā€™t go and can maybe joinā€¦Enjoy anyways!

1 Like

What are the Sunday tee times?

Working on it

Thinking of a 730-ish at Tobacco and a 2-ish at Pine Needles

Need some sort of count to book tee times

Okay, so I have the 0720 on 8/14 at Tobacco Road for 4 players, so looking for 3 to join if anyone is up for it.

Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 8.44.30 AM

Pine Needles seems to not allow bookings more than a month in advance so I will be booking a 2:30-2:40 time next week

3 Likes

Hey guys, new to the Refuge and honestly golf in general. Picked it back up after about a 15+ year hiatusā€¦ Iā€™m in Chapel Hill and looking to play my first round, any course recs for getting my feet wet? Thanks!

5 Likes

Have a tee time open at Tobacco Road 7 am on Sunday if anyone wants to join me, my cousin, and uncle. Book it.

2 Likes

Welcome to the group!! I donā€™t have much experience with golf around CH but I know you are within a short driving distance of some serious golf hubs. I am sure others will chime in. I would suggest joining the CLC Whats App group listed in post a few post above this. Hope to tee it up some time down the roadā€¦

2 Likes

You are among friends. Welcome.

1 Like