Roll Call: North Carolina

My Dad and I are going to be in Pinehurst over Memorial Day. We booked a late Sunday afternoon round at Hyland, does anyone know if the course is in good shape right now?

1 Like

Hyland was in great shape as of a week ago.

1 Like

First Flight has a 9:56 time for Monday at Holly Ridge in Archdale and one spot available. Thereā€™s another group of FF playing at 9:32 as well. I believe the total with the option to take a cart is $37.25 since the time has been prepaid

@FirstFlight

4 Likes

We have a fourth (90% anyway). Will post if spot reopens.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got 2 tickets for the Womenā€™s US Open for the whole week if anyone is interested. Can split into each day as well.

Need a bit of help. Will be in the Outer Banks next week and looking for course recā€™s. (Read the stuff earlier in the thread but wondering if itā€™s changed). Thanks in advance!

Can I get an invite to the First Flight whats app- In Charlotte looking to play

3 Likes

Not totally Whatsapp savvy but I think this should work

You might also be interested in the CLT based roost Queen City Hive. @Hitchings21 can get you set up.

Kilmarlic is pretty good

Donā€™t join those traitors, join the Hive

1 Like

Hey Triad people - two questions:

1. Is Reynolds Park/another public course worth squeezing in for a Friday morning round?
  2. What would be a good place in downtown WS for a larger party after a wedding?

North Carolina brethren,

I am heading to Charlotte in mid August. In my basic research, it appears as if I want to play some good golf I should plan to rent a car. I have never played in NC before, so I searched out the courses that I knew by name/reputation and all are a bit of a haul from Charlotte.

A couple of qqs:

• Is it possible to get on to Mid Pines and Tobacco Road? If so, is it worth it or should I be looking elsewhere? Thinking I will play 1-3 rounds in total over a couple of days

• Any of you internet weirdos want to tee it up?

There are plenty of people more qualified than myself to respond (actually current triad residents now) but Reynoldsā€™s park has some good press. Bryan park and tanglewood have some great press if you can make those work.

Iā€™m partial to Wiseman because a buddy worked there for a while, but again some others might chime in with better ideas.

1 Like

Yes you could certainly find folks to tee it up with. Mid august is some peak heat, but we make it happen!

As far as courses yes both of those are great, well worth it and able to get on. Many other good ones in the area as well (southern pines, pine needles, and even some budget friendly ones that are solid).

As long as you are ready for $150+ish tee times you should love them.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply @Swing_hard_and_hope.

Iā€™ll keep my plans updated here. Hoping for at least Tobacco and Mid Pines/Southern Pines/Pine Needles

2 Likes

Just holler if you need anything!

1 Like

Tuckā€¦play Reynolds for the history. It is an original Perry Maxwell that was touched up by Maples. If you are looking for what most feel is the better course get on Tanglewood Champions, host of the 1974 PGA and a RTJ sr design. You wonā€™t find many other courses that hosted a major for under $50. It is a great track and a local favorite.

For hanging Wiseman is a great choice. It can get crowded but what doesnā€™t. I also love foothills. The downtown brewery also serves food. There is also a taproom loser to Tanglewood that is only beer but usually has a food truck. The taproom might eb set up better for a larger group.

1 Like
  1. Reynolds Park is a fantastic public option. Dont expect it to be well maintained, its a muni in the truest sense, but has some awesome bones and is a lot of fun.

2. Incindiary Brewing in downtown is better suited for a larger part post wedding in my opinion. Its got a lot more room and is right next door to some really good pizza. Beers arent as good as wiseman, but the space itself is better.

Winston as a whole has some great spots. Where is the wedding?

2 Likes

Roar in downtown is also a good hang with lots of space. I would play Tanglewood, Oak Valley or Salem Glenn over Reynolds.

1 Like