Roll Call: North Carolina

Name doesn’t ring a bell, but he may be in a different flight than me. I’ll look to see if he’s playing.

1 Like

Also here are a couple Whatsapp chats you might be interested in joining as well:

1 Like

Thanks @JNorwoodFive. I downloaded the app and joined the chats.

1 Like

You poor soul! LOL

1 Like

Myself and @ClarkGriswold are playing a CLC match at Jamestown tomorrow morning at 8:10, we have two spots open for anyone who would like to play. They did small punches (1/4") on the greens this past Monday, but from what I’ve been told they are still very playable.

1 Like

Going to be in asheville from july 1st to the 12th, between this i have from roughly the 4th to the 8th to golf, so of fucking course i’m driving to the pinehurst area to knock off tobacco road/midpines/pineneedles/southernpines.

Anything i need to know? already booked TR for early on the 8th, cant fucking wait to book the rest! Always down for some good company as well!

4 Likes

Moving back to NC in the next few months. Possible to get added to the first flight group?
Looking forward to getting back east

4 Likes

If you can do it, first tee time off at SP is amazing

17 Likes

Raffle for the Skyway Skirmish. Drawing will be Friday. $5 tickets. Exact list will be added to the sheet tonight but it will include some bourbon, local Sanford beer, a few golf items, and maybe more!

A buddy and I are heading down for the US Womens Open in 2 weeks and currently have a 10:10 tee time at Tobacco Road that Sunday, June 5th. 2 spots available. Just let me know or send me a DM if you’d like to join!

2 Likes

Hey Folks. Looking around Charlotte area for a move coming up. Figured I would go to the folks in this thread to ask what some good areas of the city are to start my hunt. Looking for good area for golf and the post college crowd. Any recommendations would be awesome! Hopefully I can golf with some of you soon!

Post college crowd: South End, Plaza, Noda

Golf: hard pressed to find good options near by. Sifford and Harry Jones Munis are near South End though

2 Likes

I’m very post college age but my daughter is just post college age. She will be moving to Charlotte in the coming weeks. While looking we really like NoDa over South End. the vibe in NoDa is outstanding. So laid back with a small town feel in the middle of the city. South End seemed more party town to us.
I can’t speak on golf as that was not a priority for my daughter.

1 Like

Unfortunately, there isn’t much in the way of public golf in Charlotte itself. Best bet is driving to Rocky River (north of town, near the speedway), Emerald Lake (east of town), or the Rock Hill area. If you’re looking to join a private club there’s choices a plenty for varying degrees of cost, but they’re all getting pricier, especially initiation fees.

1 Like

I was going to recommend Rocky River as a public track (by Zmax dragway/Lowes Speedway). I used to work grounds while in Charlotte for college and was always happy with the conditions. Greens are alomst always in good shape.

3 Likes

its where I play when Im in from out of town

1 Like

Hello,

New to the Refuge. I’m in Charlotte and play just about anywhere from N/S/E/W of the city all the way down to SC. Always looking for a Saturday $ game or casual rd

2 Likes

There is a Charlotte group @Hitchings21 can get you set up with.

Also feel free to join the Carolinas WhatsApp thread here

Thanks DB Dave, I joined the Whats App CLC

1 Like

Welcome!! On on the east side of the State but occasionally find myself out your way.

2 Likes