Roll Call: North Carolina

Good to know the Beau is in good shape right now…The last I had heard was quite the opposite a few months ago. Unfortunately I think it will be the next casualty around ILM golf wise.

1 Like

Two tee times available at Southern Pines GC on 10/07/21. One is at 1000 and the other is 1045. Come out and pad your refuge’s I’ve played with stats and check out the resto.

3 Likes

I know their prices should go up after the restoration but damn

4 Likes

LMAO…First thing I thought at first glance

4 Likes

Are these still open? I’m vibing with the crew all day Saturday but still need to fill up with more on Friday and Sunday. I’m going all in on this deal.

1 Like

Yup, both still open. Hit the google sheet at top of this thread and add your name. See you there.

Anyone here a ClubCorp Member? Looking at moving to Charlotte and wanted to do the membership at TPC or Firethorne. Is that the move around the southern part of Charlotte?

I believe the general thought is that this is NOT the move. People likely have more info inside the Charlotte WhatsApp group if you ask in there, but I believe they jacked the prices up super high and it is difficult to get tee times

1 Like

I honestly would be using it mostly for the range and practice areas. A good chipping and putting area is almost more exciting than a good course to me. I will explore some options! Thanks for the information!

Leatherman’s is a solid option for a range and they just updated their short game area. It gets BUSY though although I’ve never seen the short game area have more than two people over at it. Can tide you over while you gather more local insights about your next steps.

1 Like

Ive started to go to Sifford for short game work in the mornings

Obviously not a replacement for the other benefits of a club

I got over there an hour early for the tues night 9 and I practiced there for a good while and its LEGIT

I used to belong to Firethorne and we have someone in the charlotte WhatsApp that used to belong to TPC, happy to share thoughts on both. Do you know what part of town you plan to move to? Depending on your location there may be better options.

1 Like

The areas I am looking are around the area of both. Less than 10 minutes to each of them. They seem pretty close together.

I am ClubCorp but not in CLT. I know nothing about firethorne but as Travis mentioned he was a member there. A friend also quit piper because couldn’t get tee times, among other things. Piper has nice practice area, range, etc. My friend who plays pro just moved from cabarrus to piper mainly because of the practice facilities, so that sounds up your alley. Happy to answer anything but Travis will be much more helpful I imagine.

1 Like

This might be the first time anyone has said this about me

2 Likes

Hey @Joezwickl do you know your schedule for November? I’ll be with a foursome for a week in November and have caddies for #2 and #4.

A buddy of mine is having a wedding in Charlotte next month. I have some time to kill and was considering getting a round in. Do you guys have a course recommendation? What’s the best public course in the area?

Any of Ft Mill, Mooresville, Monroe, Rocky River have their fans - these are all on different sides of town so I’d go for whatever’s easiest. (And none are actually in Charlotte)

Hello friendly folks of NC - I’m dropping into RDU on 10/7 (sadly, not Donnybrook related), got time for 36… what would be the ideal day? Hot takes welcome :slight_smile:

Thanks!

EDIT - Leaning Duke in the AM and Lonnie Poole in the PM… have room for 2, if anyone wants to join.

1 Like