Roll Call: North Carolina

I can try to set up a round at Brier Creek CC (right next to the airport). But if you’d rather get going to Pinehurst you won’t be disappointed.

1 Like

I am… would love to get out if we can a time that matches up

1 Like

I’m located here in Wilmington, always down to play

1 Like

Thanks man, already grabbed a (non-cancellable) round at #1 this morning. Appreciate the offer though!

2 Likes

Going to be near Nags Head Golf Links in early August, is the course worth the $135 price tag?

1 Like

No

2 Likes

To expand on the short answer, it’s a neat course if desperate to get a round in and price is right. Go play Kilmarlic up the road, much better in my opinion. Will cost less most likely than NHGL

1 Like

Friendly reminder to sign up for Matchplay. 64 players across N and S Carolina.

4 Likes

Hey! I am over in Spruce Pine in Mitchell County. Nice to see some more Mountain faces around here…too many flat landers

2 Likes

Yep, it’s nice up here. Fairways and greens are in good shape and it doesn’t get too hot.

1 Like

Anderson Creek for $29 today

1 Like

Hey all,

I will in your state in a couple of weeks for a trip with my girlfriend, her friends, and their significant others, staying down in Carolina Beach. The Wilmington Muni episode of Tourist Sauce piqued my interest and after lobbying/convincing the girlfriend she’s letting us carve out a morning to go play it. Could someone please let me know where I could rent clubs down in the area? We’d need four total sets - two men’s, two women’s. Thanks in advance, guis.

1 Like

@EConroy419@AirMailWedges may be about the only one that might could answer this…I do not believe the muni has rentals. I am not aware of any shops in the area that rent full sets either…I do hope you all get to play though.

1 Like

It says on the munis website that they have rentals. Maybe give them a call tomorrow. I’d be surprised if they have two women’s sets, but maybe they have one that can be shared.

1 Like

Just had one spot open up for the Hootenanny this Saturday in So Pines @ Hyland… if anyone wants to be a last minute add in let me know!

Also, we are holding our raffle to donate to Big Sky Bravery on Wednesday night @ 8pm. Will gladly ship any merch. $10 a ticket. See attached link to spreadsheet for details. Also reference the Hootenanny thread for pics of merch.

2 Likes

Planning a guys trip to Pinehurst in November

Any good value courses for a practice round between Charlotte and Pinehurst??

I can’t really speak for the Charlotte area but once you get out of Charlotte there really isn’t much. Tillery Tradition in on the way but it is nothing special and last I heard was actually in pretty rough shape.

Once you get closer to Pinehurst you will have many more options. For an inexpensive round I recommend 7 lakes or foxfire. Foxfire tee times can be snagged on many of the online discount sites like golfmoose.com or underpar.com

1 Like

Buddy of mine, Jay HIll, just took over as pro at Tillery Tradition. Hopefully things turning in the right direction there. Pictures he has posted online show it looking good for whatever that is worth!

Monroe Golf Club is great, and the front is a Ross to boot.

1 Like

Good to know. It has potential for sure.