Roll Call: North Carolina

I wanted to beat the shit out of some child at my club a month or so ago, he was throwing golf balls at geese from mere steps away. His grandfather/father was doing nothing about it, and looked at me like I was crazy for pulling him up about it. Should have just pelted the kid with balls until he got the message.

2 Likes

5 per day during the season too if you have a stamp lol

My beef is with the course allowing them to hang out there and shit all over the place until its an issue, not with the species itself.

Most of the offenders are not migratory though, they stay all year round now.

1 Like

I hit a Squirrel with my ball as it rolled out of the fairway and into the trees once. The little guie went running off and I thought he was good, then a week later on the same hole I see this Squirrel limping around in the trees and I felt fucking horrible.
Golf is a awful game.

1 Like

Donald Steele (who did the redesign) used to work for the R&A and set up a lot of British Opens. It’s a great course, that as Fluff said is silly underated. It might be underated though because of the “privacy” of the place. When I worked there, they had 3 members of Augusta. You will definitely enjoy yourself!

1 Like

You are now ready to raise a child.

I worked at a course that bought an (expensive) Australian Shepard to do this work, which worked great until she decided riding around with the super in his cart was more fun than chasing geese. The course manager decided to go get a second dog to do the work, dog two’s nickname became “higher green fees.”

5 Likes

It aint even the geese that bother me its the damn pallet of green and grey soft cheeto turds freaking everywhere.

4 Likes

I remember there being a ton of goose droppings at the Olde Mill. Has that changed?

That hole between 1-2-3 and around 4 there was solid mess of it yes

I maybe heading your way soon for a fireworks run

1 Like

I maybe heading your way soon for a fireworks run

Wait. I thought we decided we were anti goose slaughter. I’m cool either way, just want to know what the company line is.

Bristol is just the nearest state border where I can purchase some hoosker do’s and whistling bungholes my man… charlotte is close at but its like 25 mins difference.

I promise to only blow them up on top of my own mountain, where no gees live or visit, and make sure to comply with all forestry fire regulations

2 Likes

Let me know if you have time to golf if you come this way. If I’m off work, I can host you at my club, or wherever.

1 Like

Good Morning folks. There are some separate threads going, and this might turn into one, but please fill out the following form if you are interested in getting involved in a Match Play tournament - https://forms.gle/wVqYFibVry5SvSxb8

5 Likes

@Double_Bogey_Dave and @Just-a-little-right both chose professional commitments over our loosely agreed to golf plans for next Thursday.

We were planning on Hillandale for early afternoon, but open to any recommendations for courses within 30min of RDU for Thursday, June 24. Let me know if you’d like to play as well, there’s just going to be two of us while we wait for our 3rd to fly in that night before heading to Pinehurst.

Thanks!

3 Likes

UNC Finley is decent but it’s been years. Also in the wrong direction

1 Like

Lonnie Poole is the best publicly accessible course near the airport. I’d say Duke, Hillandale, Falls Village, and the Crossings after that being within that range from the airport.

1 Like

I’d much rather be playing golf with you than doing a training at 6:30. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Lonnie Poole is aerating, tried to book there this morning.

Guy #3 just had his flight pushed back from 8->10pm… so I think we’ll just head down to Pinehurst and try to get on #1 or #3 for an afternoon round.

4 Likes

Hey NC folks, anyone here from Wilmington? I’m back from TX for a month and would love to meet some folks for a round or two.

4 Likes

With the 2022 US Women’s Open coming to Pine Needles, has anyone thought about trying to put together an event that week to coincide with the tournament? Obviously tons of good golf to play around there and there will be good golf to watch that week too.

1 Like