Roll Call: North Carolina

Depending on your route, a couple good options a bit closer to Charlotte than Pinehurst are Eagle Chase and Red Bridge. Very much enjoyed Eagle Chase on my first drive out there recently, and from what I hear conditions are typically always good. And I like Red Bridge also, they lost the greens recently but apparently they’re almost back to normal.

1 Like

deep springs reporting 4.5 inches of water last night and closed today…assuming I should nuke my tee time there tomorrow at 3 and not make the 1.5 hour drive down?

I’d go with Monroe for sure. Great front nine and a pretty good back nine for a reasonable price.

Good news. You can buy eagle chase for the low price of $2.8mm. Idk where it is but it was in my CLT real estate notification yesterday. Given the CLT market I thought <3mm was pretty cheap. Know nothing about it though.

1 Like

It’s a good drive out from center Charlotte, maybe 50 minutes, but I think it’s worth it. I imagine that’s the reasoning. Any closer and they’d easily be able to raise their rates and the property would be worth more.

I’m in for like 1/500th of this if we promise to rename it?

3 Likes

Yeah played out there a few weeks ago with some buddies and was very impressed was tough though when I think Sycamore is far and I passed Sycamore on the way to Eagle Chase and it says 25 more minutes

I’m coming down to RDU Aug 10-15 for a trade show at the RCC. Basically I am considering staying at Duke University’s hotel at the golf course and playing there on my first night down. Worth it? or should I try to stay else where and get on somewhere else?

Duke’s course is usually closed on Tuesday mornings for maintenance, and August 10 is a Tuesday if that’s the day you are talking about.

You’re only going to get a $10 discount on your round at Duke if you stay at the hotel. If you want to stay at a nice hotel, then go for it. But you could probably stay at another hotel and then play the Duke course once, and probably pay less money overall.

If you are going to be staying closer to Raleigh, I would look more into playing Lonnie Poole which is NC State’s course. But if you have more questions about Duke, fire away.

1 Like

Company will pay for the room, so was basically thinking about it being an easy in and out because all I’ll do that day is drive down from Roanoke, but it looks like that’s going to be out since that is indeed a Tuesday.

Rest of the stay is in NR-Midtown… got to meet up with @Fore20 at some point for a round too

2 Likes

Stay at the StateView hotel and walk across the parking lot to play Lonnie Poole.

3 Likes

will check that out thanks

1 Like

I’ll be in Raleigh next weekend and have a bit of time to kill by myself. Looking to book a tee time at The Neuse on Saturday the 17th at some point in the morning. If anyone in the area wants to get in on that let me know!

1 Like

Sycamore is about twice the price and typically in worse shape. Worth the extra 25 minutes of driving

1 Like

Welcome @drewjolley !! You joined an awesome group just so you know :slight_smile:
Where are you out of?

100% - pass by it on way to beach and wife has grown tired of my pointing out how much I’m not a fan

I’m out of Charlotte

1 Like

Gotcha…I am about 45 minutes N of Wilmington so a little ways away…

Anyone have the scoop on how Finley is looking condition-wise right now? I gave my mom a gift certificate a while back as part of a mother’s day gift and we have a time booked on Sunday. I’ve never played there so just wanting to get an idea of what to expect, I know there’s been quite a bit of rain in the past couple days. Hoping the rain stays away on Sunday though.

Still have LOTS of spots in the 3BR next saturday afternoon in Roanoke

3 hours up 77/81 from Charlotte

3 hours from RDU

2ish from Triad

$50

feel free to bring friends and invite folks I can take LOTS of people

2 Likes