Roll Call: North Carolina

This sort of sacrifice is why I admire first responders.

the tribal elements to this logo are so terribleā€¦totally fitting for asheboro

Major Globo Gym Purple Cobras vibes

0_3975d7cc-42c5-473e-9272-c8e707b69b55

2 Likes

Not MiLB but we played them in a baseball tournament once when I was in high school.

Dot

3 Likes

Not sure they are part of the official logo. It was just the first one I found that also had Asheboro on it.

2 Likes

Hey Raleigh area folksā€¦I am taking my brother-in-law and some buddies to Raleigh next month for his next child is born. We are playing River Ridge and need one other course in that area. We have played Pine Hollow and Reedy Creek but looking something else that will not break the bank for the guys. Any must plays in the Knightdale surrounding areas?

A little more pricey but if you can make it happen, Lonnie Poole.

4 Likes

I like the Neuse out that way. I can never keep the River Ridge/Riverwood courses straight, but one of them is pretty fun, the other is ok. Youā€™ve already played Pine Hollow which would be my go to recommendation. I actually like Wil-Mar for a value play as well, itā€™s nothing special, but itā€™s been in decent shape this past year and has some fun holes.

3 Likes

We had Ronnis wings at our SB oarty

2 Likes

Hello, I am new to the thread but been in the Nest a year and huge NLU follower!! Iā€™m in Winston Salem and play out of Meadowlands. Like to find out about area events in the future. Thanks!

5 Likes

Welcome! Go Pirates!

Have you put your name on the list for the Hootenanny over July 4th weekend?

Also hoping for some impromptu meetups in the Triad this year.

1 Like

Any opinions on Highland Country Club in Fayetteville vs Southern Pines? Looking to round out a trip with a cheap round and these are the 2 I am eyeing. Both appear to be Rossā€™s, but I canā€™t find much else on Highland.

Hyland is not Ross. Itā€™s a fun course and highly recommended around here for budget golf. Southern Pines is undergoing restoration. So depending on timing of your trip there will be construction, and temporary greens in the summer while Bermuda is planted.

Edit: Nevermind. I see youā€™re talking about Highland in Fayetteville and not in Southern Pines.

2 Likes

Go with southern pines

1 Like

hows meadowlands looking these days? they got the greens figured out yet or nah?

im over in HP, welcome!

Not a member at Meadowlands but play there some. Welcome.

Thanks!

Great, Fore20ā€¦ Been a member thereā€™s couple years. Same greens but they have a better Super now who is getting them better in the spring and fall. Summer they are just slow. Greens need to be replaced after 24 years.

thats good news to hear!

the greens have always been the one thing that really prevents that place from being one of the best in the triad IMOā€¦great layout, but super spotty greens, especially during the summer