Roll Call: North Carolina

bent?

1 Like

of course…only reason this conversation is being had :smile:

yeah they here in late march/april they’ll be butter for a while at least

will be at long leaf on 3/20…trying to find a 2nd course to play that w/e and hopefully one where we can rent the dirt bikes for the clubs too. I know TR has a few…anywhere else around there?

Mid Pines and Pine Needles.

3 Likes

thanks dave

1 Like

Hey guys,

Myself, @jefranks30, and @johnnyfrank are headed out to the Pinehurst area next Wednesday, 02/24, through Sunday, 02/28. Unfortunately, our fourth had to cancel on the Thursday rounds so we wanted to see if anyone on here wanted join. We have all been to Refuge events so many can vouch that we’re easy to get along with and not killers. Maybe dogs, but for sure not killers. Our itinerary for Thursday, 02/25, is as followed:

TR: 8:00AM
Mid Pines: 1:30AM

If nobody can join the rounds, it would also be fun to potentially meet up for drinks pending COVID measures. Might even bring an extra Landmand towel with me. :man_shrugging:t2: Shoot me a message and let me know. Thanks!

7 Likes

My wife and I will be teeing off at TR at 11 on Thursday. If my wife wasn’t playing I would have been all over this. Will have to keep my eyes peeled for the NLU merch.

3 Likes

WI guy/future visitor here, you guys have a buttload of comments in this thread and I tried sorting through to see if my question has already been answered but not seeing a ton about Charlotte. A group of us are going to the Pinehurst area in early March. 3 of us driving, 5 flying into Charlotte. Looking to get an afternoon round in at a Charlotte course, something cheaper to settle in and get our wits about us since none of us have been on a course in 4-5 months. The Sifford course looked good for that, any other rec’s?

1 Like

Sifford would be a good spot for that and keeps you pretty centrally located to Charlotte if you wanted to explore any afterwards. Also depending which way you’re going to Pinehurst, Monroe Country Club front 9 would be a nice walk/ride as well and would be on the way.

4 Likes

Are you playing then heading to Pinehurst right after or holding in Charlotte for the night?

As most of you probably know The Helicopter Cup Presented by Petey Pablo is in Greensboro this weekend and there are a few of us playing a warmup round at Forest Oaks Country Club on Friday. We currently have the 1:12 and 1:20 tee times and only 5 people so let me know if you want to play. Obviously, you do not have to be playing in The Helicopter Cup to play on Friday with us so if anyone is interested reach out and I can put your name down!

Heading to PH that night, hitting TR the next morning. We have a house we’re staying at for 3 nights. Thought Tot Hill would be fun since it’s a Strantz but seeing a lot of people say it might not be worth it. I am interested in Longleaf since it’s cheap and the par 3 course might be fun to mess around with for $8. We’ll probably end up doing a PH course but not sure which one to do. Probably 1, 3, or 5 since they’re cheaper.

anyone know if Long leaf will let me make back to back tee times on saturday like a few weeks ahead of time? Should be around 8 of there on the 20th, if anyone else wants to join Im putting together some form of sweet ass game that day

Tot Hill is great, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

Will second Monroe or Siffoord as good CLT options.

1 Like

I think took me about 25 mins to get to the airport from there, but rocky river is typically where I play when i visit charlotte for work

1 Like

Tot Hill is a one of a kind experience but also very polarizing and hard. I wouldn’t say it isn’t worth it, especially to experience it for one time. Would be a tough course to knock the rust off.

Longleaf is a ton of fun and highly recommend if you are looking for more of a laid back vibe to get some good swing vibes. It’s by no means easy but an absolute blast (especially if you play bottlebrush after) and very playable.

1 Like

If you want something right off the plane before driving towards PH, then Sifford is pretty laid back. If you want something somewhat on your way depending on the route you take, there’s Red Bridge, Monroe, or even Eagle Chase.

2 Likes

Monroe has one of the best front 9s you will find anywhere and a pretty good back nine. It’s also on one of the routes you can take to Pinehurst.

Tot Hill Farm is a lot of fun, it’s polarizing for sure, but definitely a wild ride.

Tot Hill is a must in my opinion. I could not be a bigger fan. It is a bit out of the way but worth checking out.

1 Like