Roll Call: North Carolina

Also in the High Point area. Closer to Holly Ridge. I got on CCC 1x and it kicked my butt. I need to give it another shot at some point.
Welcome and make sure to join the Carolina’s RACDG WhatsApp group to find guiis to play with. @Double_Bogey_Dave can provide the link.

2 Likes

Great to virtually meet you fellas. I would love to get you guys out to Colonial. Im booked up the next month but we can definitely make it happen. It’s super laid back, affordable, and really good greens.

2 Likes

Can you get me the Charlotte link too? Love to be in a chat with some local guis.

throw me in on that too if possible. live out on the east side, would love to meet some local refugees

1 Like

Like Monroe east? Or Charles Myers east?

1 Like

literally next to east meck east

1 Like

Ditto on the Charlotte link please.

Love it. I live right in uptown-ish Charlotte. Actually right down the street from @anon29849602.

1 Like

I’m on the golf course/beer garden/distillery that will be Ironclad in Hampstead right now. A friend is learning to fly fish, so I haven’t seen much, but the course looks decent. Only seen 2 holes so far, but the bunkers are deceptively far from the elevated greens. Looks like a good time, even if you don’t account for the beer garden and food/beer truck. My buddy said they are planning to open in October, and the course looks good enough for play. It won’t be a world beater by any means, but it’s definitely good enough for a few holes between beers!

3 Likes

Is there sand in the bunkers and how does the range look. In its past life Belvedere had the hardest/sandless (new word) bunkers and the most eclectic variety of range balls. Looking forward to seeing it reincarnated.

2 Likes

I saw one bunker that looked like it had plenty of sand in it, but it also had a lot of vegetation growing in it. I might have been a little generous when I said it looks good enough to play. There is still some work to be done. The greens looked decent though

I didn’t see the driving range. A friend lives nearby, so we just walked on near the dogleg on 2

1 Like

Late to the game but Austin McKim here and out of Kernersville, NC. Play lots of golf in Greensboro and Winston-Salem.

2 Likes

Hi all. I have a 10:30 tee time at Jamestown in the triad on Tuesday with @RPruitt. Spots open if anyone wants to join.

Anyone have access to any of the private courses in the Boone area? Looking to get a round in up there during my birthday weekend.

Hey @Fore20, is your left handed buddy still looking for some clubs? Sorry it’s been a bit I’m going for an iron fitting this week with the intentions of buying a new set and will have my old ones available for him.

1 Like

No private access up there for me but Boone Golf Club is incredible. Especially in the fall that place is absolutely prime.

1 Like

Last time I was out there it was right before it sold, it was the worst course I think I’ve played. Used to be pretty decent. Hopefully it will change with ownership.

Playing red bridge with colleague on Saturday. Any tips? Saw that there are 3 par 5s and 5 par 3s

New ownership should be a good thing then, they’ve got the pedigree and background to run a golf course since they were… checks notes… brewers? :grimacing:

1 Like

I finally put together a stupidly long list of courses I’d like to play. Of course NC is well represented. If anyone has any connections at the private ones I’d love to hear them. As usual, anyone is welcome at my club here in SC.

3 Likes