Roll Call: North Carolina

Welcome! I live in Greensboro as well. I try to pay most weekends around here or Winston area. If you ever want to tee it up let me know

1 Like

Welcome to you as well! You and @Lang wonā€™t have any trouble finding games around here. @Double_Bogey_Dave can get you set up in the Carolinas RACDG group chat. There are a ton of members and we are all playing somewhere.

2 Likes

Sent you guis a DM with some details on the RACDG and the Hyland Hootenanny.

https://www.groupgolfer.com/

back up today, havent used mine yet but I know the deal got a lot of good feedback

$25 for a One-Time Member-for-a-Day Opportunity: 18 Holes with Cart and Range Balls at Deep Springs Country Club in Stoneville near Greensboro ($63 Value. Good Any Time until December 15, 2020!)

Played it this morning. Very nice track and well worth the group golfer rate. Greens still recovering from punching but outside of being sandy they rolled true and quick. Very quick as a matter of fact. I 3 jacked 4 greens on the front before getting a feel for them.

New to the Refuge. High handicapper living in Chapel Hill. Play a mix of Finley, Occoneechee and Twin Lakes. Looking to play a little more as the schedule always and #getinvolved.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Refuge, Iā€™m a member at Occoneechee. Iā€™ll send you a DM about the Royal and Ancient Company of Dishonorable Golfers.

Welcome! Fellow Sedge member here, hit me up if you want to get a game sometime.

3 Likes

Is Twin Lakes still open? I always think about going out there but never doā€“had heard it was purchased.

1 Like

I think it was purchased but its still open for now. For the price itā€™s not a bad deal, last time I was there it was $15 to walk 9 and we wanted to get out for another 9 and the replay was $10. Pace of play can be slow at times but for that price its hard to complain too much.

Shout out the guy at Wilmington Municipal today who was rocking an NLU towel on his bag and caught up to our group to return my friendā€™s towel to him that he dropped a hole earlier. If youā€™re on the Refuge, itā€™s appreciated and letā€™s play a round some time.

4 Likes

@Jlender21, hereā€™s a thread dedicated to the great state of North Carolina. Bring your questions directly to the experts!

3 Likes

welcome mikeā€¦big terps fan myself, glad to see you come aboard and class the place up a bit

theres a missed connection thread you knowā€¦

Hello All, Greensboro resident. Play mostly out at Bryan Park, GSO National. Happy to find you guys on the web.

5 Likes

howdy blake!

g nat is a favorite of mine in the spring and fall when those bent greens are really dialed in

really enjoy it out there

1 Like

You canā€™t beat those greens when the temp is right and they get them dial in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

nah you really cant manā€¦they are the best bent greens in the triad that ive played i think

mushed @country35 a couple times out there, hes a big fan of the place and a big hokie fan as well

Welcome Blake!

We have a pretty active group in NC/SC, let me know if you are interested in getting involved in the Royal and Ancient Company of Dishonorable Golfers.

1 Like

Iā€™ve only played there once, been trying to come back but I get skirted.

Gimme @Double_Bogey_Dave in the cart, bring yo best. Lets ride.

(all jokes aside there F VT)

2 Likes