Roll Call: North Carolina

No no not at all, I didn’t take it that way. I’m way over that shit too. I see those videos all over too and always think what morons those people are. Very happy I didn’t become one today. At a freaking golf course too.

2 Likes

I know right, can’t we just have golf.
Feels like a “this is why we can’t have nice things moment” :rofl:
Hopefully your next round is more fun on course less eventful otherwise.

In your defense, I think the last few months have put everyone on edge. I know I’m quicker to frustration and conflict than ever before. Glad you were able to reel it in. The hell with the other jack wagon. Hopefully you got an enjoyable round in.

4 Likes

nice!!! im still holding a round down there in my pocket yet

I’m guessing from your description Castle Bay?

2 Likes

You nailed it

Watched to old geezers (70+) get into a screaming match, poking 9 irons into each other’s faces on the driving range there about a month ago. Both of them were dropping f=bombs and I’ll kick your ass quotes over a golf cart. Best part is, later there on the putting green together talking about old time’s. Turns out they grew up together as kid’s in Brooklyn and hadn’t seen each other in 60 years.

3 Likes

That’s actually awesome

you guys make golf on the coast sound so entertaining…

1 Like

Anyone that will be getting the hurricane, stay safe. And hope our courses don’t flood too much

7 Likes

I moved my tee time to Wednesday the 5th at 9:00 due to t-storms today. Also have space in a group at The Challenge in Graham, NC at 10:00 on Thursday the 6th. Let me know.

If you need to evacuate to higher ground holler and come play with me up on the mountain

Does anyone know of a place that will let you rent clubs? I’m thinking about removing the hybrid from my bad and replacing it with a 5 or 7 wood, but I want to make sure its the right play first. I hit my 3 wood 10 times better on a consistent than my hybrid so I figured a higher lofted wood to replace the hybrid would be a smart move.

Globalgolf has a utry program. 2 weeks $25. Unfortunately there are only a few 5 woods available (Callaway Rogue for sure not sure if more). Their distro center is in NC too which is nice.

https://www.globalgolf.com/u-try/gallery/golf-clubs/

To second that, I’ve used their UTry program too, good point here, works well.

@GWB15 I’m going to try this, thanks guys! The Rogue 5 wood is actually perfection because its the small degree as my current hybrid (Adams a07). I’m big on getting fitted now, but don’t think I could justify spending $600 on a club I don’t use every round. Maybe I could buy a used Rogue, then go get fitted for the shaft.

You could call around to some local golf courses and see what they have. There are a few courses around me that will let you take a demo club on the range if you buy a bucket of balls.

2 Likes

First time, long time. Greensboro resident here, I play out at Starmount. Would love to find a game sometime!

7 Likes

welcome Lang!

i live in HP and we have several other folks from the GSO/Triad area on here, so getting a game shouldnt be hard at all.

got a couple buddies who are members and been to starmount for a couple weddings, but never to play, looks like a great course

2 Likes

This is my first time posting as well. New the community and excited to be here. Greensboro resident as well and play out at Sedgefield. Would also love to find a game in the area.

4 Likes