Roll Call: North Carolina

RIP. was a really fun course

Guis, Iā€™m playing with @Very.chipper at Bermuda Run tomorrow morning so my friend can see the course before the Wyndham Pre-Q next week (if he makes it off alternate list). Iā€™m contemplating stopping somewhere between there and Charlotte on the drive back to get 9 holes in - somewhere along the route below. Anyone have any recommendations or games I could join?

Mooresville Golf Club is well regarded, I believe. Alternate route would take you through Salisbury and Country Club of Salisbury is a Ross.

4 Likes

+1 on Mooresville

3 Likes

@bluehose @Hawk yeah Iā€™d agree with you there, Iā€™ve played there once and really enjoyed the front. That might be a tough option to beat

1 Like

+2 on Mooresville

2 Likes

I have a 9:00 tee time at Deep Springs on Monday. 2 open spots right now.
Open for anyone. Let me know.

1 Like

damn, i heard from another guy today what a great course that was but not going to be able to swing monday am unfortuately

1 Like

CC of Salisbury is an absolute gemā€¦i really wish that place was closer and/or i had enough money to join

really hoping they do another CGA type member for a day deal like they did last year, one of my favorites

3 Likes

:eyes: :eyes:

OK, I can work with this.

6 Likes

Mimosa better get that in the snack shack

3 Likes

It wonā€™t be ā€œon the way backā€ but tanglewood is right near bremuda run. Could be a good place to slide over to.

Hey, off topic but do you still want in on the match play tournament? Iā€™m going to be out of town most likely now from Beginning of August-mid September so Iā€™m having to withdraw. Just let me know. Itā€™s casual and should be fun just I wonā€™t be able to play since I wonā€™t be here.

yeah id really enjoy being a part of that

Sweet! Itā€™s in 3 person pods so setup to play the other two guys whenever is convenient. @Blackngold35 is in Winston and @Fluff is in GSO so should be pretty convenient for everyone. Iā€™ll message you the link to the bracket and put your name in place of mine.

1 Like

sick, thanks man!

2 Likes

welcome to the refuge @Gallyman23

1 Like

Welp. Had my first truly bad experience at a course today. And it had nothing to do with golf. Almost had to get physical with some schmuck just before I teed off with my girlfriend. We just wanted to get out and enjoy an afternoon round some asshole almost ruined it.

Short version. Weā€™re driving to the course down a two lane road and some guy flies by me by going over the double yellow. Ok whatever. See him pull onto the road that leads to the course. Itā€™s a small residential street with a 25 MPH and heā€™s booking 40 down the road.

Iā€™m putting my stuff on the cart and he rides by giving me a stupid smirk. So of course I say something to him and now words are being exchanged. It never got really close to being physical but I was fuming. I learned to box and fight at an early age but itā€™s been a while since I truly felt like fighting. If my girlfriend wasnā€™t there, things wouldā€™ve gotten ugly.
The course was in coastal N.C. and I just needed somewhere to vent.

2 Likes

Man i see people posting videos on Instagram (not friends of mine just random golf accounts) of people fighting at golf coursesā€¦ grinds my gears. Not limited to golf though, I hate seeing people posting fight things anywhere, no need to glorify that stuff. I understand defending yourself, but just starting fights for ego, not worth it.
Fighting is just so foolish, no one wins, no one comes out looking good, just trash.

Glad you avoided it! Hard to resist not saying something, sounds like the guy was a jerk. But darn people are too crazy these days. Sorry for the rant, i hope you donā€™t think Iā€™m ragging on you, just a pet peeve issue of mine, fighting never createsmuch good.

1 Like

I played there today. It was so fun. The course is in great shape. Definitely one Iā€™m going to try and play more

2 Likes