Roll Call: New Orleans

Figured as much. We wanted to hit Audubon, magazine, quarter, etc. Not like we’re going to tour around desire at 2am

Yeah shouldn’t have any issues at all during the day. Stay on main streets at night and you’ll be fine. Should have some nice weather while you’re here. Have fun!

1 Like

Golf Sunday?

out of town this weekend, but down to play next weekend

1 Like

Let me know where you thinking. Would be great to get out.

To go back on this - I am finally in town & settled in. Anyone want to meet the new guy for 18 holes this upcoming weekend?

Jack, I would but my wife is about to have our second kid. Hopefully you get a partner on here. I’ll be back in business in the spring. Welcome to New Orleans!

2 Likes

Congrats! Golf can always wait.

I can’t play this weekend, but am available next weekend if you’re around

1 Like

Sounds great, I’m around!

Chicago refugee in town, looking to play an afternoon round on the 17th (Saturday). Anybody looking for company? I’m up for anything - I’ve only played Bayou Oaks - South and will probably rent clubs instead of lugging my own.

I’ll be out of town that weekend unfortunately. My favorite track in the area is TPC if you’re willing to spend a bit more. Much more interesting and fun than Bayou Oaks (and better pace of play too). Have fun!

1 Like

Would love to play. I’m not quite the ‘local’ yet though :slight_smile:

1 Like

All right…we are two…let’s see if the “locals” can muster any men, women or other non conforming genders … anybody is welcomed :slight_smile:

Anyone wanna play Sunday?

Howdy, in town for the week with my wife while she’s at a conference. Would anyone want to play? Have recommendations on courses? Know any hole in the wall places to eat?

Where are you staying? Are you looking to venture to a different area than where you’re staying? Can’t play golf, but I’m happy to offer recommendations.

We are off canal street a block away from Bourbon, in an AirBnB, then moving over to the Hilton later this week. Up for all foods. Willing to find a place outside the normal walking beats.

I don’t really hit up any hole in the wall type places when I head that way. I had a really awesome brunch at Palm and Pine recently. Last time I was there for dinner was excellent as well. Not sure if you are looking for other suggestions in the area, but my favorites over that way are Irene’s, Peche, Herbsaint, and Cochon.

If you’re looking for neighborhood joint suggestions, I’d recommend, Elizabeth’s (Bywatery), Joey Ks (Irish Channel), Parran’s(Uptown), Clancy’s (Uptown but definitely not hole in the wall; just an excellent restaurant), Katie’s (Mid-city), Mandina’s (Mid-city), and Liuzza’s By The Track (Fairgrounds).

I will state for the record that I own Liuzza’s By The Track with my brother, so I definitely have a bias. But it is probably the most hole in the wall of all the places I listed. Hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any other questions, feel free to shoot me a message.

4 Likes

Love it. This is awesome. Exactly what we’re looking for. Appreciate it!

1 Like