Roll Call: New Mexico

Haha quite a bit to be honest. I was surprised when I heard that’s where we were playing. Either of you coming out before Sunday?

1 Like

Not me, I’ll be in OC with the in-laws Saturday. Wait you are playing for Lowcal? I’ll have to sharpen my Brady takes.

I am! Gosh I cannot wait to discuss in person. Time to hit NFL reference

1 Like

Got 11:30 for Next Sunday (7/31) at UNM championship for my buddies mid-am qualifying practice round (I’ll be doing the bag carrying Monday). Looks like the other two spots are available if anyone wants to join us. We’re gonna grind a little on the greens if it’s not too busy so it could be a little slow as neither of us have seen the course. Local knowledge also welcomed.

1 Like

Yeah I should be available!

1 Like

@Breakfast_Ball_Hite you free next Sunday?

Keep me posted - and grab those two last spots if you can make it; we just booked 2 so as not to bite off more than we can chew

1 Like

Booked the last two spots, lemme know who wants it

sweet we’ve got our fourth @Breakfast_Ball_Hite @007iron

1 Like

Awesome!

We’re driving down from Durango Sunday morning. Will see you fellas out there!

sweet sounds good, definitely let em know you’re playing a practice round for the qualifier, they’re super chill in there and might even cut you a deal on your green fee haha. just a heads up @Breakfast_Ball_Hite usually walk/push but feel free to do whatever you need to do for your practice round

1 Like

Planning to ride Sunday; gotta save the legs and stay fresh.

USGA seems to be setup for black tees with 4 holes up at gold.

I’ll prob play blue? I hit driver 250-260; what tees do you guys play?

Then is the UNM course pretty busy on the weekends? What kind of pace is average on a Sunday late morning?

Blues will be good. I don’t play out there super often but it’s been slow around town all summer in my experience. Lots of new golfers in ABQ since COVID starte which is great, but also has slowed things down.

1 Like

Good call, the tees and greens aren’t far from each other but it’s definitely a long hilly course.
I usually play the whites (because I stink), but the blues aren’t that much longer (just a couple holes make up the difference) so I’d be down to play those with you.
Pace of play isn’t terrible but it’s definitely not fast that time of day, so you guys should definitely have plenty of time to hit some shots from different spots

Awesome - looking forward to it

Red titleist bag/NLU towel and we’ll prob just be on the range and putting green sometime between 10:30 and 11

2 Likes

It’s going to be humid as hell but I’m down to walk if you are @BrysonsLats

1 Like

Yeah I’ll walk

2 Likes

Super fun afternoon, yesterday, fellas. Appreciate the local knowledge and showing us around.

76 didn’t quite get it done today; needed 69

Played with the medalist. He played a very solid round but nothing wild - just a lot of pars and rattled off birdies on 1 through 3 after we made the turn having started on the back. Then birdied 9 with two good pokes to the front edge and two putting.

UNM championship is a stout course. Gnarly rough and tough green complexes

3 Likes

Birdies on 2 and 3 must have been darts! Those greens are pretty severe overall.

Haha. Can I also interest you in a demanding walk with elevated tees and greens almost everywhere?

1 Like

It was great to meet you guys! 76 from those tees with that rough is still super impressive.

Man I was whipped after that walk in 85 degrees with 50+% humidity. Getting out of the car after the 25 minute drive home was…challenging :rofl:

2 Likes