Roll Call: New Mexico

I know it’s a long shot but: I’m planning to take the day off next Wednesday. Anyone want to play Los Altos or Marty Sanchez? Those courses haven’t been punched yet.

I wouldn’t be able to swing Wednesday, but piggybacking off this would anyone wanna play Saturday?
edit: I’d probably be open Sunday as well.

Flying to FLA next Weds for the Abandoned Dudes Classic, and for that reason I’m out…

1 Like

Gotta get the word out: Marty Sanchez is dope. Y’all gotta make the drive up there. It’s like a walkable, scaled down, less penal back Black Mesa.

4 Likes

Im down south for family photos this weekend and wont be back until Sunday afternoon :frowning:

1 Like

How were conditions? When I played there 2 years ago, the tee boxes were basically sand and the fairways patchy, though the greens were decent. I thought it would be a good course if slightly better condition.

Course conditions were good. Better than ABQ muni courses but not as good as say Twin Warriors. I remember reading that Marty Sanchez had water supply issues around that time which would explain what you saw. I am excited to get back when the fires have calmed down because the surrounding mountain views should be fantastic, and they were basically nonexistent yesterday.

1 Like

It’s looking like I’m going to take the day off Tuesday and play UNM North. If anyone wants to join, my inbox is open.

I’ll be out of town on a work trip so for those reasons I’m out. Piggybacking on to this though I’ll be back in town Friday afternoon so if anyone wants to get out somewhere Saturday or Sunday next weekend let me know

New Mexico Contingent, I’ll be in Albuquerque for work in a few weeks, visiting the university. Staying slightly west of campus, where are some good restaurants to hit up for lunch and dinner? Unfortunately just a day trip or else I’d try and squeeze in some golf

In that immediate area:

Annapurna’s for cool vegetarian food

Frontier for quick New Mexican food and very eclectic people watching. It’s an authentic ABQ experience every time.

El Patio for really good New Mexican food in what used to be a house/patio

A little farther away: Frank’s Famous Chicken and Waffles (it’s all in the name), Relish (awesome sandwiches) are both solid at worst.

1 Like

I’ll throw in Soo Bak. Kind of like a Korean bbq fast casual place (think chipotle build your own bowls) with a NM twist to it

1 Like

Tikka Spice is also a solid spot. They’ve got a food truck and a brand new brick and mortar that I haven’t been to yet

Just finished eating at Frontier, it was an easy walk after my appointment at the hospital. Interesting place to say the least. Highlight was a drugged out homeless dude spilling a water on me and telling me I was fired lol.

Eclectic people watching was an understatement.

3 Likes

Hell yeah sounds like you got the full experience

Underpromise, overdeliver baby.

Loved KRQE’s homage to the strapped boys on the PGA Champ broadcast with the Taos Country Club commercial just now

1 Like

Anyone want to get a round in this weekend?

1 Like

Hey yall. Im headed to Santa Fe the weekend of June 10th so any course recommendations (probably can only get 1 round in on Saturday) would be much appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve only played two courses in the area but both were phenomenal. Marty Sanchez is the muni and it is very walkable, great conditions, very fun track. Black Mesa is a little farther, riding only, and truly astonishing overall: think links-adjacent in the high desert mountains.

1 Like