Roll Call: New Hampshire

Good luck!

Hello all! Hopefully we will be playing golf here soon. If and when this happens, my home club the Owls Nest here in Campton has some awesome stay and play packages. I believe one night two rounds for 150. Includes cart, greens fees etc. Also the ski resort I work at has a membership there and I can get people on for $24 which is greens fee and cart. Super fun course, Nicklaus design.

4 Likes

Thanks!

For all the Hooper fans, there is a small t shirt maker near them creating shirts for all of the local small businesses who are losing money right now. Cool way to support the course, I ordered mine last night.

https://greyteeproject.itemorder.com/product/13945129

2 Likes

Broken link, here’s the correct…

https://greyteeproject.itemorder.com/product/13957590

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

That’s awesome you guys bought some! It is a great and ingenious way to support local businesses. I feel like every town should have some fundraiser like this.

Not sure how many people saw this but Hanover Country Club is closed for the season for play, though it will still be maintained. As it is tied to (run by?) Dartmouth College, they have decided to do all summer classes remotely and close all campus and athletic facilities, including Hanover CC.

https://golf.dartmouth.edu/

On brighter news Matt Schmidt, the Executive Director of the NHGA said that he is hoping courses in NH will be open “sooner rather than later”. Not quite sure what that means - hopefully on May 5th, but if not hopefully not much later.

Damn…I fear alot of courses could have to close for good if they arent allowed to open soon. Most of the properties just get by from what I am told, if we are being honest. …and this is generally probably the stretch that they generate most of their profit

1 Like

Damn, that’s a bummer to hear. Hanover CC quickly became a favorite of mine after playing it for the first time last year.

1 Like

Canterbury is one of my favorites. My home course is Pembroke Pines (formerly Plausawa) but I get tri golf at Canterbury and Ridgewood as well.

Nice. Would love to get out to Canterbury, and actually never heard of Ridgewood.

Golf is open in NH May 11th!!!
In-state residents and members only and all the social distancing and restrictions you would assume.

1 Like

Looks like I won’t need to bring the clubs for my visit in the summer :joy:

1 Like

Naw, you’ll be good. The ban on out of staters is only until May 31st. Then you can play - but you could always become a member and come up earlier :wink:

1 Like

I can’t even get comfortable playing at home :joy:

1 Like

Hey - important question - are your clubs in NH going to have curbside pick-up for balls, gloves, tees etc?

The ruling in the Stay at Home 2.0 for golf says that Pro Shops are closed and “no in-door check in and merchandising.”

I have seen some courses are doing “curbside” pick up for balls etc.

What are your courses doing?

Thanks.

I have seen most area courses not passing out scorecards and pencils and I think that might include balls, gloves, and tees.

I think we will see more when we get to the course itself if they have something available. It might be you need to call the pro shop and ask for specifics instead of any shopping around.

1 Like

Happy opening day everyone!

Hope you’re all able to hit the links today. My 2:36 tee time is looking a little iffy but hope to make it out there.

Portsmouth CC is in mid-season form! Foam in the cups so ball doesn’t drop all the way to the bottom was nice to see rather than raised cups.

1 Like