Roll Call: New Hampshire

From southwestern NH - happy holidays!

1 Like

Which part?

In Walpole. If people have never heard of it we are right on the Connecticut River and about 20 minutes NW of Keene. Home of Hooper GC (and of Ken Burns and Burdick Chocolates). The Connecticut River Valley has some good/fun courses.

Folks should make a trek out here in the spring. We could even have a West vs. East (or North vs. South) battle at some point in 2020.

4 Likes

I’m in Bedford near manchester cc. Play most of my golf at derryfield, passaconaway, and candia. Definitely travel to MA and southern Maine to play in season tho. Would definitely be up for a game with refugees when the seasons turn.

2 Likes

New member here. I live in Concord, and play at Canterbury Woods. Never played Hooper, but will try to get out there in the spring.

1 Like

Nice! I used to live in Concord back at the beginning of my dive into the golf world but played most of the courses around the area: the Beav, Plausawa Valley (though I think it changed its name), Loudon etc. but never played Canterbury Woods. Heard it is nice though.
And definitely let me know when you come to Hooper!

Will do. Do you play in the winter at all? Friends played on Cape Cod last week. I might have to swing down there soon.

Would love to play winter golf, the problem is it is a rarity around here as most courses are closed.
The Cape is like a 3+ hour drive but if we got a some tournament up and running that might make the trip worth it.

Sounds like we need to reach out to the MA refuge and set something up.

captain of RACDG-Boston/New England here, what can i do for ye?

I live in NH and was lamenting to another NH member about no golf until spring. Buddies of mine played in Cape Cod last week, and I suggested we set something up with NLP Refuge members in the Cape.

Waddya think?

I can make this happen

1 Like

NH folks! Hope you’re surviving winter. I am in maine…and this winter is dragging (per usual). I go to meadowbrook(I know, I know) a few times a year. Have plans for this year as well…but have only golfed on 1 trip down there. Where do I NEED to play this summer . Within 30-60 minutes of the venue I guess. Thanks in advance. And come on up to maine!

2 Likes

Hey, I live on the west side of NH so can’t give any personal recommendations in that area other than Mt. Washington Resort Golf Club.
If you ever make it over to the Connecticut River Valley definitely hit my home town course of Hooper in Walpole. Good luck!

1 Like

Highly interested!

1 Like

Awesome, and definitely give a shout out if headed to New Hampshires’ west side!

1 Like

Hi guys… Who else is sick of winter?!? I’m here in Goffstown, right around the corner from Stonebridge CC. I’m down for any meet up event in NH, MA, ME, or VT.

Also, our Thursday night league at Stoney is looking to fill a few spots if anyone is interested! :laughing:

2 Likes

‘03 grad of ConVal, probably played against you for 3 years. I remember Ragged, I think there was a short, misshapen uphill blind par 3 where lift lines came into play. Great memories playing the state tournament in 40 degrees at Beaver Meadow!

I played at beaver meadow last summer

1 Like

Hey New Hampshire Refugees I am going to be posting this in a few places, but please hear me out.

My wife and I run The Salvation Army in Keene, NH and every year we try and send as many kids as we can to our camp in the summer at no charge to them. This ends up running us a bill of about $7,500. Normally we are well off and don’t need to do anything too crazy except this year we lost a $25,000 donation because they didn’t feel like doing it anymore for us. With that being said we are doing a Keene Golf Charity Day.

Hey Nestees I am going to be posting this in a few places, but please hear me out.

My wife and I run The Salvation Army in Keene, NH and every year we try and send as many kids as we can to our camp in the summer at no charge to them. This ends up running us a bill of about $7,500. Normally we are well off and don’t need to do anything too crazy except this year we lost a $25,000 donation because they didn’t feel like doing it anymore for us. With that being said we are doing a Keene Golf Charity Day.

It is a one day event where you play as many holes as possible and you find people to donate money per hole, or birdie, or whatever and when you cannot play anymore golf you collect.

Example: You have a friend who will donate $0.50 per hole, but $1 per birdie. You play 36 holes but make 10 birdies on the day. They would then donate $28.00 to the Keene Corps.

We have a donor right now who is willing to match up to $2,500 raised for the event in order to help us reach our goal.

We are having this at Bretwood Golf Course on Wednesday May 6th. All you do is pay the green fee and having your sponsors donate as to how much you play that day.

Even if you are unable to do it, would you help us out by sharing it on social media or even email to anyone who might be interested in helping out. We are doing this to raise funds for Camp Scholarships.

I am unable to upload the pdf flier so I can send it to you if you would like.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions.

1 Like