Roll Call: Nashville (Spring Match Play Post 1319)

Every time I’ve been there someone has been pounded balls into that field. I don’t know why. Greens are usually in line with other munis when it comes to speed. I would think it was an anomaly for you that day.

1 Like

i have a set of mens taylormade M4’s i would like to sell if they would be interested

McCabe has rental sets that are relatively affordable if they wanna give it a go before dropping a few hundred dollars.

1 Like

Has anyone played the private 9 hole course in Lebanon?

Hey everyone. I have been making my way through this thread going back to 2019 trying to figure out what clubs in the Nashville area would be worth joining. Quick background…I am a single digit golfer that is moving from the Philadelphia area with my wife. We are both under 30 so places like The Golf Club of Tennessee and Belle Meade seem WELL outside of our budget. No kids yet so I am really just looking for a good golf course with good practice facilities and a group of young professionals to play and hang with. I am little overwhelmed coming from the Philly area where we have 50 country clubs in a few mile radius. Really appreciate any feedback y’all can provide.

1 Like

Truly depends on what area of town you’ll be living

1 Like

Welcome to town! Sadly, pretty much every club that is within Nashville proper is going to be have massive waiting lists and require something near of a 6 figure investment to join. If you have to have a club, look for places that are in the nearby suburbs, like Franklin Bridge. I would prepare yourself for the muni life, though.

1 Like

If your one the east side in Mount Juliet or Lebanon. Five Oaks is decently affordable to join.

The course is up for discussion though as to worth it or not.

1 Like

Give us a side of town you are in and we’ll attempt a group ranking.

Nashville and Williamson county will be mostly waitlisted but still worth getting out and visiting. Happy to help you narrow it down. We’re a similar age.

Has anyone found a course this year with decent greens? I typically play munis with the occasional round at Hermitage, Legacy, or Greystone sprinkled in, but it seems like the winter freeze did a number on the Bermuda greens around town this year. Played Hermitage this weekend, and even their greens, which are typically immaculate, were bumpy and unpredictable. Prefer faster greens, but I’d take anything at this point if they roll consistent and true.

PAAAAAARKKKKK MAMMMMOTTHHHHHHH

2 Likes

What’s the go to muni for a round about this time of day? Quick glance and it looks like they all “close” at 5:30. I can sneak out/log off of work earlier, but the time is coming when I just need to leave the house after dinner.

1 Like

The go to amongst the @HighCottonClub seems to be Two Rivers, but I live outside of town so I can’t confirm

I was leaning that way. I struck out at Harpeth a few weeks ago simply because I didn’t call ahead. I just want to show up, pay, and go. In one of those moods where pace doesn’t matter too much

Thank you

1 Like

One thing to note is the 18th is a temp green right now. During one of the winter freeze nights we had the tarp blew off half of the green. They put new sod down a few weeks ago and it should be ready next month

2 Likes

Anyone have suggestions on where to get some lessons? Had a coach I really liked in Knoxville, not looking forward to finding a new one.

Booked a tee time tomorrow morning. Just looked at the scorecard, and I’m digging the variety. So stoked!

Was there yesterday and it was great. If it were closer than 1.5 hours, I’d be a weekly visitor

I had one lesson with Randy Helton at McCabe and he was pretty good. Gave me things to work on other pros hadn’t mentioned, and gave me good drills to practice. If you are willing to drop some cash, I think Nancy Quarcelino is supposed to be the best, though.

1 Like

Who did you see in Knoxville?