Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

Ordering Rooster’s takeout tomorrow off these reviews, thank you for the rec internet friends :pray:

4 Likes

Get an order of the wings with a side of both hot and mild sauce. I expect a 3 paragraph review by this evening!

2 Likes

Thought about doing the same especially with the new Covid Restrictions now, gotta help those small businesses. Plus its super close to my place, right across the river!

2 Likes

For those of you trying to add your handle to the MN Match Play spreadsheet, I’ve updated the settings and you should now be able to edit.

1 Like

@BaxterMSP How many pings did you get I was trying to access? Over/under 10? Even more sheep-ish when I saw my name was already on there…

1 Like

Couldn’t have been more than one email and then the system realized you were doing this

4 Likes

Alright, fuck it. I’ll freeze for one last chance to play golf this year. Still got a spot left?

How did everything go out at Shamrock today guis?

@kirkeide1 @mplsgolfer @tbruhsch

A crisp 3 hour, 10 minute loop around Shamrock. Semi-frozen ponds, some small ice shards on the first few greens, and sickos bundled up chasing the little white ball around. Late November golf at its finest.

Fun to launch em and hang with good dudes, sneaking in one more loop before the season ends. Feels a little like stealing from Mother Nature.

9 Likes

Love it!

In the event that it’s open post Thanksgiving…I might go over there. Would LOVE to try to hit my new irons.

My new local muni*

Shamrock is typically among the first to open in the Spring and last to close. The course itself is nothing spectacular, but it is gettable and scoreable, which is fun—especially in 35 degrees. Their Facebook page and email list updates on when they’re open.

1 Like

Great time today. 40 degrees isn’t bad for golf and I get reminded of that every time I play in that kind of weather. Company was great as always. I’ve played with @mplsgolfer and @tbruhsch a few times now and they’re always a great hang, and special thanks to Eric for the birdie whiskey!

Pleasantly surprised with Shamrock. I’m pretty sure I said when I got there “This place looks kinda trash”, but it’s really a good walk. Are a lot of the holes similar? For sure. Are any of them bad? Not even close. It was really refreshing to just hit driver as hard as I could and not have to worry about losing a ball. Highly recommend for a late or early season round.

5 Likes

Gentlemen…it’s a holiday week and things are likely to be slow around the office with the exception of a few meetings today/tomorrow. I’m thinking this is a great time to announce some details for the 2nd Annual North Star Shootout, including date/venue/sign ups!

24 Likes

3 Likes

@Billy_Baroo HeadFlyer got anything new and exciting out right now? Going to try and get down this week to pick up some crowlers to help out during the lockdown. Is it @tj_denawli who has a family member at Falling Knife? Would like to help them out as well.

4 Likes

Correct, my youngest brother is the head brewer there. He’s a good golfer and a big NLU fan in his own right.

7 Likes

Make sure to register for next summer’s North Star Shootout!

6 Likes

Weather/course openings permitting, is anyone looking at playing on Friday or Saturday this week?

Dude! We just released all our barrel-aged variants. Got a toasted coconut, coffee w/coriander, and Cherry w/ orange peel. Also, we just released a gin barrel aged lavender gose, which is suuuuuper good if you’re into that style at all. We got eagle rare barrels this year, so that’s what all of the stouts were aged in. Everything came out so good!:beers:

6 Likes

Were you working last Thursday per-chance? I was wearing a golf hat and the tender asked if I was into it much and had a nice little conversation about the Masters and TPC-Sawgrass…if that was you I’m sorry for not recognizing you, (blame it on the masks) and I’ll try and #BeBetter.

1 Like