Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

It’s truly an offensive hole lol that green is also SO much shallower front to back than it looks from that overhead shot. Its evil…and I lowkey enjoy the hell out of it.

1 Like

:flushed:

EDIT: I am not sure which hole is the worse par 5 on the back at Voyager 11 or15…but I think 11 is the most preposterous unless you can hit the mega hook as a righty or the mega slice as a lefty…either way gross haha

whispers, you’re right, it’s 11. I just hate 15 too

3 Likes

11: Double dog, left off the tee and only ~200 straight out to run out the fairway to water. If you go straight out the shot is about 180 downhill, then at least 200 to get an angle around the big tree for the right-hand dog leg or you’re blocked out, then another 90 or so in. Fucking outrageous hole.

4 Likes

And you can’t really cut the corner from the tee box either just not fun.

1 Like

That would fall into the category of par 5’s that I loathe; forced Iron’s off the tee. Another of my least favorite’s is Chisago Lakes (shoutout the hometown) hole #5; Sharp Dog Leg left from the tee, where a 185-190 favoring the left leaves 250ish in, but too far left is water, bleeding right leaves 300+, and 210 straight is blocked by trees. The fairway is 25 yards wide, with 5 yards of rough before woods on each side making the 2nd shot tight, some limbs hang over on the right and can block your third, and finally a front to back sloping green with harsh runoffs on all sides but short left.

2 Likes

Woof

2 Likes

I’ve made a 10 and a 3 here but the 3 was when I said fuck it and hit driver over the corner. Terrible hole.

1 Like

Kinda forgot about this, but a couple months ago I actually made a list of the worst holes in the state. I’ve played a decent amount of courses in the metro and all around the state, but I noticed on my list that a large amount of the worst holes were from courses in my area (within 20-30 miles of Cambridge).

I did some research into why this is, hoping that it was the same architect/culprit that did all of them, but there wasn’t really much of a correlation at all. My theory is that someone came into the area about 50-100 miles north of the metro anonymously and just created all of these terrible holes and courses to spite me.

Like, wtf is this shit?

This is Hole 12 at Spring Brook in Mora. It’s literally a pitching wedge to the left fairway, or a 240 carry to the other fairway with trees blocking your view.

I have so many more. I could do this for days, but I won’t because I don’t want to spam the thread with my rants.

4 Likes

Beast BBQ can kick rocks. Long live Legends! I spent waaaayyy too much money in my twenties on their half priced apps and drink specials during Friday after work happy hours, but not nearly as much as I would if they had prices that weren’t undercutting other Minneapolis bars by so much. Probably why they went out of business and had to become a sorry excuse for a bbq place.

The one in Owatonna by Cabela’s has always been consistently the best one I go to. It’s still not great BBQ, but as Famous Dave’s go it’s at the top for me.

1 Like

How’s the RACDG logo coming?

I want to get on this free Vice Personalization deal.

2 Likes

is someone working on a logo? does @sarahkdesigns (unofficial) need to get involved with the mn contingent here? assuming most saw her YOTB logo rendition…

1 Like

Put a Bomber Hat on the sheep and call it done!

3 Likes

Thought I had last night…what about a sheep with a frozen look, a la Jack Nicholson from The Shining?

3 Likes

keep the ideas coming! references like @BaxterMSP ‘s help a lot!

What about a hockey helmet on the sheep but he’s also smiling with a missing tooth? I’m not that creative people so others need to jump in here.

You working up a logo @SBST?

4 Likes

Yes. i will persuade my better half with food,drink, and massage for the logo creation. can someone find the original / best quality RACDG logo to work from?

I’ll check in with His Grace and get back to you.

1 Like

Hockey stick for a Shepard’s crook with a helmet or Elmer Fudd hat on his had

3 Likes

Would be sick if we could go slightly rogue and do something with a Loon and a Meadow Lark look tough as nails haha

1 Like