Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

Lol yeah I’ve played there. One of my dad’s softball buddies moved way west so they’d meet him in annandale and play the courses in the area. Sometimes I’d tag along. No idea how it’s even in consideration for this list. Don’t get me wrong, it’s plenty fine and from what I remember pretty cheap. But that’s all it’s good for IMO.

1 Like

2 Likes

All right…which one of you fuckers put Jesse Ventura on the match play list? I’m assuming it’s either @charvey or @libraryTryhard

2 Likes

Maybe he actually signed up? I remember hearing you guys hit it off.

3 Likes

1 Like

By the way, the North Star Shootout is still happening since that’s the crowning moment of our MN match play tourney. Currently eyeballing July 17th, 2021 as our date so keep that open fellas.

10 Likes

Ha it wasn’t me and I almost forgot about your buddy Jesse! Maybe he is a closet refugee that is ready to get involved.

1 Like

With all of this tournament planning @BaxterMSP, are you setting your sights on becoming the next Hollis Cavner?

1 Like

Unlike Hollis I can actually get the big names to show up :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Played the Annandale version a month or two ago and met the owner while grabbing a post round beer. Seemed like a good guy and would have some fun with this.

1 Like

Sad to say it wasn’t me. JV was a bit before my time. Believe it or not, 7 y/o libraryTryhard did not cast a ballot in '99.

1 Like

Love to hear that. Thinking Keller again?

It’s a definite possibility. Keller is a great host but wouldn’t mind switching it up a little

1 Like

Baker or Braemar could be good.

However, Baker has only 3.2 beer and no booze.

I was thinking Braemar could be a solid fit.

5 Likes

2020 continues to be the year of terrible timing, even when planning for 2021. The Ope-n is the same weekend as an annual event I play in back home in Wisconsin, and July 17th is my wife’s birthday.

I know which one I can’t miss for sure . . . just gotta figure out how to break the news to my wife for the other one.

Obviously it’s a ways out, but I may drop in Thursday or Friday to the Ope-n and be a marker for any open groups.

Either way I’ll be keeping an eye out for any date changes!

2 Likes

Being on the list for the “Ope-n” but on the waiting list for the match play feels on brand for me.

1 Like

We may be able to expand the match play, assuming people can commit to getting their shit done in time

3 Likes

Not too worried about it, more so just laughing at myself. We are lucky to have you organizing this stuff @BaxterMSP consider this the first of many thank yous from me.

1 Like

The 16 (?) person weekend at Northland could wittle things down very quickly.

3 Likes