Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

Southern Hills in Farmington? Underrated course in my book. Very playable, very fun.

2 Likes

What an incredible idea. In

2 Likes

I’ll host 3… I promised @Chefcycle a round up there anyways!

3 Likes

Oh shit, we are going to complete most of the tournament in 1 weekend!

1 Like

No gimmes over 10 inches on those greens :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I took 4 of my buddies from my club up here in Hibbing to play Northland in September and they learned the hard way that no putt on those greens are a gimme. There were a couple degreened putts in the group.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s my plan to jump on a group with some long time members to try and glean some short game lessons out there.

It really just boils down to staying below the hole and knowing the putts usually break towards the lake. 13 and 15 greens are the flattest on the course, while 18 green is a demon from hell.

1 Like

15 might be the fastest green on the course. Had a pitch shot that landed well short and still rolled all the to the back of the green.

1 Like

The approach into 15 is one of my favorites on the course. Granted I still have a full shot in, not a pitch like you big hitters.

@BaxterMSP you can’t drop all of this awesome news during a snowing October day! As if staying sane all winter was hard enough, let’s throw some awesome events on top of it!

1 Like

We had a very strong tail wind that day. One of the guys I took drove it over the front left bunker on 15, and was just a little left of the second left bunker that day.

1 Like

Sorry, not sorry???

1 Like

The anticipation for this event will prevent countless mid-winter suicides, rejoice and be thankful.

4 Likes

I’m absolutely in. Depending on the date of course. I might be able to provide some lodging for a few people as well.

Guys, I am excited to announce that enough people backed out and/or declined the invite and they made it far enough down the list to extend an invite to the NIT to me after my T6 performance at the North Star Shootout! Took a couple days of convincing with the wife to allow me to book a trip two weeks from now to Jacksonville, but… WE’RE GOING! I hope to represent all us Minnesotans well down there. Who else from this group is going?

15 Likes

Nice, see you down there. I have no doubt that I’ll play poorly but will have lots of fun!

3 Likes

My game is so lost at the moment.

As the head coach of the Annandale Boys golf team, I can say that Whispering Pines is so prestigious that they won’t even let us out there lol. We are only good enough to play at Southbrook.

1 Like

I got a pity invite special exemption after I think 2 people backed out.

See you there!

3 Likes