Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

Quick note on handicapping (will post in the Match Play Thread as well):

Per USGA Recommended Allowances, please use 95% allowance when calculating Playing Handicaps

Example for @kcurry11 and I:

Assuming we play the one ups, I will get 9 pops.

1 Like

9??? Sheet

8 Likes

Welcome to the Thunderdome

9 Likes

dont let the haters and losers get in your way. im riding. fuck the noise.

5 Likes

Riding is a fun and normal way to play golf, especially if you’re trying to suck down some Miller Lites. End the stigma!

3 Likes

No stigma or judgment. I prefer to walk because it paces me better and it’s about the only exercise I get these days.

6 Likes

In general I prefer to walk. I think I play better and get a better feel for the course. It just looks hot, and the extra forty pounds I’m currently carrying maybe won’t handle the elevation changes too well.

3 Likes

I’m legit concerned about my knee but we will cross that bridge when we get to it. The first time it was an issue was last season when I walked White Bear on a Friday afternoon then walked @bobs219’s god forsaken Inver Wood the following morning. By the back nine I was in a good amount of pain going down hills. Flash forward to this last Friday at Olympic Hills and by the 14th hole, same thing. Not good.

No bueno at all. Hopefully that doesn’t flare up Wednesday.

Take a cart, save the knee. You, freezy, and mystic can all vibe together up the fairways as I walk behind. And you can drag my corpse off of the 17th green with your fresh legs.

5 Likes

Remember that time, two years ago, when a jamoke from Chicago organized an event in Winona?

Yeah, that was cool. And two years ago today.

10 Likes

@Obrienchauncey1 and I are playing our match on Wednesday, May 31st at 3:50 at Highland National. We have room for two more if anyone who needs to play their match wants to jump in!

3 Likes

If anyone is near Winona, I highly recommend getting out to The Bridges, in fantastic shape… the greens were extra spicy but such a fun course

4 Likes

Bridges is my home field. Can confirm spiciness.

2 Likes

My “Memories” popped up with video of post round beers and some shotgunning

The Windmill was the event that got me #involved!

2 Likes

Big Jim getting involved in MN

2 Likes

Huh…

I’ll be interested to play there once the new owner gets it discharged from bankruptcy

7 Likes

Is it just going to be the 7th at Pebble over and over?

3 Likes

Should I take the fastest route to Omaha tomorrow and drive through Des Moines or should I take the “fuel efficient” route through Sioux Falls and coincidentally stop at Landmand to say hi with the whole family?

Also playing Omaha CC on Friday and apparently my host hasn’t posted a round since 7/2022, has a dangling 9 hole round from 9/2021, and plays the 6000 yd tees. Going to have a fun time feeling like a bomber.

13 Likes