Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

Short version: local chapter of the Nest.

There are intra- and inter-Roost competition things as well, but mainly it’s just a banner to rally around. We’ve got a full calendar of events planned for this year, but the one to circle is the North Star Shootout 4 on July 15 at Gross National. Thread here.

lives in Chanhassen, loves Logger’s

Whoo GIF | GIFER

2 Likes

OK great! Yea. I’d love to see the list of events and get involved with some of these events.

2 Likes

Fixed that one for you

5 Likes

:raising_hand_man: :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Yes!

Dogs!!

OE Bulldogs!

Our Rottie, George Michael passed away this winter unfortunately and we at the drop of a hat, got a new puppy OE in February. He’s my second OE.

His name is Tobias and he is the sweetest pup and loves his sister Maeby, a 12 year old Frenchie.

8 Likes

Some folks buy car washes, others volunteer to manage golf societies in exchange for a free Nest membership :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Can we second source this somehow. I am in such a negative place I can’t take this ray of optimism for what it is worth.

I hit a wedge extremely fat two days ago (Rochester). Sprayed mud all over myself and didn’t break my wrist so i can vouch for the first few inches of soil at least.

7 Likes

Heard the exact same thing from our Sup. Consistent and deep layer of snow all winter has protected the turf. The frost is not very deep. Once the snow melts, courses will open relatively quickly.

2 Likes

Glad everyone is starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

2 Likes

why is this not surprising to me at all. God was like “nah, hitters only in April”

6 Likes

Obviously. Pretty clear we need a high end golf/bourbon kick off round in april

10 Likes

I’m in. My half birthday is like almost April.

4 Likes

Also in. I’ll bring some Bourbon.

1 Like

Hey Fellas,

Also new here to the nest. Long time lurker but figured I’d join the party. And by party I mean the commiseration of when/if winter ends and we can finally play some reasonable golf. Live in St. Paul currently and play most of my golf at Stoneridge in Stillwater.

21 Likes

Play Highland and then we head over to The Handsome Hog for Bourbon flights :eyes:

6 Likes

And a whole head

2 Likes

Can confirm that @TommyBuns is the man.

@Battisstatus can you welcome our new comrade?

2 Likes

8 Likes