Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

Thanks @freesypop i was asleep at the wheel.

Welcome @TommyBuns

What’s the golf ball of choice this season?

Best pizza in Saint Paul?

2 Likes

Thank you sir! @Battisstatus

I think we’re going to run back the Max-Fli Tour X. Great feel, lots of spin around the greens and are usually fairly resistant to scuffs/damage. Also, given the price point, you feel less bad about going through two sleeves a round.

Pizza wise, I haven’t explored a ton of what St. Paul has to offer. Gun to head, I think I’d go with Rocco’s.

4 Likes

Highly recommend Zambonis on 7th across from Xcel. Nothing fancy, just good tavern style za.

1 Like

Thoughts on Les Bolstad GC?

And don’t go looking to @freesypop for any help here

Go home MN weather, you’re drunk.

2 Likes

I don’t mind Bolstad. It’s very much on the shorter side for distance but I’m not a long hitter so it plays well for me. There’s some dumb holes like most golf courses but the overall course is fun enough to play if you’re a PCC member. Not sure what rack rate is and if it’s worth it over other options though.

In all fairness, I haven’t played it in 3-4 years. At that time, it was in really poor shape, particularly the greens. I think the majority of greens, tee boxes were beat up pretty good and if I recall correctly, there were a few “temp greens” scenarios. The one moment that sticks out in my mind is walking past the Tom Lehman practice green and seeing the contrast in quality. Perhaps they have tidied things up since I’ve played last. Not sure what @freesypop sees in it. But ya know, we all have our vices don’t we?

1 Like

Conditional status approved but be careful in listening to any course takes from that guy

9 Likes

@TommyBuns welcome to the refuge. Be careful about the friends you make on here. You’d hate to go making internet friends with the wrong sort of people that can’t appreciate the subtle beauty of Les Bolstad.

5 Likes

But what about the ones that may give you a small taste of the C-Suite life every now and then?

9 Likes

I was at the Out of Bounds event and was talking to the Break 80 guys and they were saying the same thing. Couple practice rounds for the Amateur Qualifier at Highland and head to The Handsome Hog for good cocktails throughout the spring. Count me in for a good time.

3 Likes

:partycage: :partycage: :partycage:

NORTH STAR SHOOTOUT 4 REGISTRATION OPENS AT MIDNIGHT

If it asks, the GGID is NSS4

pce-northstarshootout4.golfgenius.com

I have set the entry fee at $210 with an optional $10 (additional)* donation for Gillette Childrens’. If you have any questions or issues, holla at ya boy.

*Additional, because we’re already donating all proceeds after expenses. Last year we donated almost $6k and I’d love to beat that this year!

Edit: Cancellation policy:
Cancel 4/1 - 5/31: full refund
Cancel 6/1 - 6/30: 50% refund
Cancel 7/1 and later: no refund

6 Likes

It’s improved quite a bit since then. If it’s the same year I’m thinking of; that year a lot of courses got their asses kicked by the thaw and refreeze. If it was that year that’s when a bunch of courses lost a number of their greens and it took most of summer to recover.

1 Like

Anyone else making the trek down to Meadow Greens on Sunday? Hoping we don’t get hammered with snow tonight.

What a day. Phone call new Mizuno’s are ready to pickup. Then hail at the house. And blizzard tonight

5 Likes

Welcome @TSJ

Where is your home course?

Favorite MN musical artist/group?

2 Likes

Phalen Park in St. Paul, otherwise a lot of Keller and Eagle Valley!

4 Likes

Also, had an iron shaft fitting with our guy @EagleE today. It took a couple hours because I talk too much and have a less-than-stellar swing, but we got everything dialed. Cannot recommend it enough!

8 Likes

What was your before and after shafts?

3 Likes

Yeah, give us the details @bignanski.

1 Like