Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

I got one of the loft/lie machines :+1: All that shit is gone btw. There weren’t even any salvageable shafts when I was there on Monday (except the 3 Vokey wedge pulls I found).

2 Likes

Crazy. I did their membership/training program for like 6 months 2 years ago. I had no idea how that place remained profitable.

It didn’t, they got evicted from their building which is why everything had to go immediately. The demo crew had literally knocked down all the non-structural walls and all the flooring, putting area, mirrors, etc. were gone.

Sheesh.

1 Like

Allegedly*

1 Like

If you do end up coming to La Crosse, let me know. I’m up for a round, drinks, hiking, biking and such.

1 Like

If you’re willing to drive a bit, head up to Minocqua, WI. My parents are up in that neck of the woods, and even if they weren’t, I’d ride hard for it. The golf is slightly above average, but the lakes/watering holes are the real charmers. The fish fry’s at the Yacht Club fuck.

3 Likes

As of 5 hours ago he still had some stuff apparently

Yeah the lie and loft ones they had on stands they’re asking a ton for. Fair prices honestly but ain’t nobody paying $1200

I should make the fabled 7 iron set. From something like a muria blade for a 9iron to a TM Stealth for a 4 iron.

3 Likes

Worked there for 5 years as a fitter through college and after, some great memories and plenty of stories…bittersweet! I plan to try and snag one of those remaining loft/lie machines for nostalgia sake.

4 Likes

Seconded. Minoqua/Eagle River/Three Lakes is a great area in the summer. Grew up in Rhinelander.

Following up on this-I was able to snag a putter loft lie machine, so if anyone needs their specs tweaked, it would be my pleasure!

3 Likes

Sick! I got this guy

Plus 3 Vokey pulls (2 SM9, 1 SM7, not that it matters) for $300. I feel like I stole from them.

7 Likes

Hey y’all

Stinky 10 handicap here who just wants some competitive juice this summer. Any suggestions on amateur tournaments that you have to hit cups but shooting a stinky 86 won’t get me ran out of town.

7 Likes

Hitting cups? Stinky 86’s? My gui you have come to the right place.

8 Likes

Welcome to the MN crew.

Where are you located IN MN?

What putter are you using when you are shooting 86?

2 Likes

Live just north of Rochester, Oronoco MN

Odyssey OG #7

2 Likes

Besides the Roost events, two things I’ve been interested in trying:

• Am Tour tournaments (formerly Golf channel Am Tour). Flights but no strokes once you’re playing. Hitting cups, measuring out club lengths, etc. I played one event out at Baker in 2018 which was enjoyable, but also the slowest round of golf imaginable.
  • the Net Championship which is a state golf association event over 36 holes. It’s always right after Labor Day, so inopportune time. Also seems like a recipe for sandbagging.
4 Likes

The Rochester All-City Amateur Championship is a good one to look out for in September. Three flighted rounds with the last one being out at Somerby CC. Also, my buddy @Kolby and I play down at Oak Summit Golf Course on the south side of Rochester (~$300 for a year pass if you’re under 30) and they run weekly Saturday games during the season with lots of different tournaments sporadically throughout the year - would love to show you around anytime!

1 Like