Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

#teamblue?

2 Likes

Lake City is a good shout… you’ve got the Jewel there plus plenty of bars and restaurants on either side of the Mississippi/Lake Pepin

2 Likes

@TBuhr33 is a member of team Red.

@kirkeide1 i/we will gladly host you at Cumberland Golf Club any time you’d like.

2 Likes

Hit up LaCrosse, WI. Drive the river down (beautiful) and play the Jewel on your way (s/o @phrodo). In town, Forest Hills is a hoot. Pretty sure it used to be the old LaCrosse CC, just some crazy holes, fun, beers are cold and the price is right. You’ll find plenty of good coffee, food and beers in town too. Plus some nice easy hikes in the bluffs around town if you’re into that sort of thing.

8 Likes

Get to Surdyks in March and buy some booze please. Sale starts March 1st

13 Likes

Will you be hosting that tasting on 3/3?

2 Likes

Yep!

1 Like

Trip dates TBD - some weekend between Mid May and Early August lol

@kirkeide1 Thanks for Detroit Lakes callout, will poke around. Kinda forgot about Lake City tbh, hand up that’s on me. I need a Seth review of Cumberland like I need air to breath.

@a-double-u Hadn’t thought of LaCrosse, literally have never been which seems a shame. Will investigate as well.

Thanks all for your inputs, greatly appreciated :handshake:

3 Likes

Hayward area fucks too. Big Fish is as much of a hidden gem as you can get. Haven’t been there in many years but I assume the bar/restaurant scene is exactly like the rest of rural WI. Col’ beers, Friday fish frys, bomb curds. For less than a lunch at Culver’s.

5 Likes

Can confirm-the interiors really put the “wood” in Northwoods-as they should.

3 Likes

My lovely girlfriends parents stopped in last Friday & said they got the opportunity to talk to you. I felt slightly embarrassed explaining that I “knew” who the owner was from a internet message board. Anyways, they had great things to say & we plan to stop by with them shortly!

4 Likes

Big Fish is a wild course. Front 9 is pure links, then back 9 turns into “true links” with 80 foot trees everywhere. It was jarring the first time I played it

4 Likes

The correct answer is bring your dad up to the North Shore, kick off the weekend in Duluth. Then head up 61, play the River/Canyon at Superior National in Lutsen and go enjoy Grand Marais.

8 Likes

What course - non northland division cause I’m a peasant - should I be scouting in Duluth?

I know your affinity for Superior National, and I agree with it.

The only decent public up there (that’s close by) is Nemadji in Superior

Just go play Superior two days in a row :slight_smile:

There’s no really good public course in Duluth. If this is primarily a golf trip you could make a day trek to lovely Virginia to go play the Quarry.

3 Likes

If you guys like to gamble or fish, the Wilderness is sick! It’s not close but it’s worth the drive.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your stances), we do neither of those things haha

The only gambling I partake in is pull tabs, but that’s really just charitable contributions to community programs when you break it down. Not even gambling. It’s #ForTheKids

5 Likes

Just saw this so I’m sure it’s gone but I hope someone in here got the lie/loft machine.

I’ll take all the xstiff driver shafts please.