Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

Yes but unfortunately not one you’d want to join. Playing 9ish holes with my daughter before dinner at Olympic. Today was crazy pin day so I might just use it as on course driver testing day instead.

1 Like

Hey guys, looking for recommendations for courses between the metro and Dacotah Ridge. Some friends are planning a trip and wanted to play somewhere in between.

Some care about architecture, mostly just care about playing conditions. Mostly just open to anything decent to check out.

Hello everyone,
It would appear that it’s time for us to start discussing the 2022 Frozen Fourball

In keeping with tradition, we can go with the first weekend of November (11/5-11/6) or we could try to play earlier if we fear the weather too much.

What are people thinking? Keep in mind this is brainstorming for a pulse check, not a vote that will for sure decide anything.

• Stick with tradition
  • Winter is coming too fast

0 voters

Don’t ask where this will take place, as we all know it depends on who will have us :cold_face:

2 Likes

Shamrock :clap: will :clap: be :clap: open :clap:

2 Likes

NGL, would be a riot of a time

Is that deer opener weekend? I’ll be in Lake City that weekend. Wouldn’t mind if you guys lined this us for the Jewel….

2 Likes

Who was wearing an NLU sweatshirt while rocking an infant carrier at the Rosalia patio tonight? Didn’t want to creep on you while you were ordering.

It’s built for the shoulder season.

1 Like

The more I think about it, Shammy would actually be a great match play course. Let ‘em fly! Anything is possible out there

3 Likes

Update: It was both simultaneously easier and more difficult than I thought it would be.

2 Likes

Did anybody else know that we have the Ryder cup back at hazeltine in 2029? Im all for it but it seems a little soon to come back doesn’t it?

I knew. We discussed recently. Worst part is I’ll be over fucking 60 years old. Woof.

9 Likes

Best fans in golf deserve it. And yes it’s too soon.

4 Likes

2016 was wildly successful by all metrics. I personally think it’s way too soon, but as it’s been demonstrated, the Ryder Cup isn’t necessarily interested in hitting all the great places, but very interested in hitting the places where they know they can make money, and loads of it.

Hopefully, the fans next time are a little better behaved. I know it was just a few bad apples that spoiled the bunch, but there was some awful behavior from the ‘Minnesota Nice’ fans.

1 Like

People know Minnesota Nice is a euphemism, right?

2 Likes

I hope, but I’ve always known it to mean, being passive-aggressive. Some of the stuff at the Ryder Cup 2016 was just aggressive.

1 Like

That’s exactly what it means. But yes, you’re right. It wasn’t a great showing for the fans.

1 Like

Speaking of team match play events, watch this space. @bignanski and I will be working on setting up the details for the Frozen Fourball in the next week or two!

1 Like

of course, several 10s of thousands of fans were not from MN

1 Like

Definitely true but the crowd demeanor always reflects on the host city, regardless of whether that’s fair

1 Like