Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

Vikings game, best time to play

5 Likes

Just one of the many benefits of being from Wisconsin! (also skipping the Packers game, sports kinda lost to golf when we had our kid and my # of interests took a big volume cut, RIP curling)

1:30 available for all non Vikes people or those that realize Vikes-Lions is just time wasted that you will never get back.

2 Likes

I really wish I could join you. Will be busy with the kiddos that day. Keller truly is delightful

2 Likes

If theyā€™re cool with that, sure

@Battisstatus - Enjoy the time with the kids and will catch you next time. Will be my first time at Keller so very excited after the last 6 months of refuge hype.

In honor of my first summer wrapping up in the Twin Cities, the upcoming Keller round, and sitting in a boring zoom call here are my played course rankings, pretty fun to think of how many great new places I was able to check out.

Midland Hills / Braemar
Pioneer Creek
Stoneridge
Highland National
Oak Summit (Rochester)
L. Bolstad
Chaska TC
Theo Wirth
Hiawatha

Top 3 Holes: PC 12, MH 16, Braemar 6
Yuck Club: Chaska 11, Chaska 18, LBol 8

8 Likes

My fav at PC is 2. It may be wide open but gosh does your position matter on the approach.

I feel like Iā€™m easy to please though

3 Likes

This probably says more about my driver game then anything but I play PC 2 and I see fescue right and those two bunkers on the left and immediately have anxiety.

First two times playing that hole: Center bunker, lost ball hard rightā€¦.

Going to take that wide open mentality into my next go.

1 Like

Your driver game is better than you give yourself credit for!

Positivity next time youā€™re out there, good things will happen

2 Likes

Braemar over StoneRidge seems egregiousā€¦ HOWEVA

Weā€™re glad to have you participating in events, meetups, and on the board having been newly transplanted from Idaho. Keller should be an absolute delight and Iā€™m butthurt that I wonā€™t be able to join you.

2 Likes

Braemar with the pops delivered nicely. A handful of birdies, a handful of the recently developed pull-hooks off the teeā€¦for those that donā€™t have it, FEAR THE 2 WAY MISS.

2 Likes

Since NSS3, I have played a collective 36 holes. Game is in absolute shambles. Participating in the 100 Hole Hike this Monday. What could possibly go wrong?

8 Likes

Stoneridge is totally fine, great even.

I like that Braemar is challenging but doesnā€™t necessary kick you in the teeth like Stoneridge does. The front 9 at Braemar is such a great walk and all 3 par 3s and 5s especially are unique, strategic, and fun. Feel free to dunk on the tee shot on 16, that setup stinks.

4 Likes

The entire 16th hole stinks. Full stop.

3 Likes

The Gospel According to @otafukusauce Chapter 1, Verse 1

1 Like

Last time I played Braemar was at NSS2. Went full Tin Cup on that hole.

2 Likes

Whereas on the back 9, itā€™s ā€œweā€™re stuck with the land weā€™ve got, so letā€™s have the general public hit 40 yards downhill on a par 3.ā€

2 Likes

At least they grassed over the bunkers in the middle of the layup area on 16. Takes the hole from a D- to maybe a C. Because it is a fun green.

Speaking of gripes, I made the mistake of passing Stoneridge on 94 to drive another 20min to Troy Burne today. Iā€™ve always liked the course (especially #11-14, but the fact that they dump half the St. Croix on that course to keep it green (especially the greens) is criminal. It should not feel like Iā€™m putting on Velcro at the end of September during a drought, right?

Beauty of a day, though.

1 Like

In the grand scheme of things youā€™re right, but there is something kind of run about zipping balls back every now and then lol

1 Like

Lol. Terrible idea to build ginormous tiered concrete tee boxes at the absolute peak of the hill.

They could have just put the tees and at different angles right where the path comes into the clearing halfway up and it would have been so much better.

1 Like

Does anyone have an afternoon tee time this afternoon I could jump in on on the west side?