Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

What kind of shape was GR/Wilderness in?

This time last year the Wilderness was ROUGH (putting it very nicely) while GR was phenomenal

1 Like

someone told me that the Wilderness stopped using a professional maintenance company and it’s in very bad shape.

also - played some twilight at Tanners Brook the other day, yikes. it is in horrible condition. cannot believe they are having a qualifying event for MGA.

Bump. @spscrappers and I are playing our match at Pine Island GC this Thursday afternoon @ 1:36pm. Two open spots if anyone wants to join!

4 Likes

sounds like a prison.

3 Likes

4 Likes

@BTfromDelta believe you were interested…

2 Likes

The MGA is absolutely terrible.

2 Likes

Wilderness was pretty solid, fairways and tees great, they’re still trying to get their greens back to full strength but not nearly as bad as previous years. another good winter and they’ll be great. Giants was in great shape and in another month it’ll be pristine. They gotta spray for bugs though, yeesh it was bad, could hardly stand over the ball without swatting.

Also, we made the trek to wolfridge in angora, which is a little reversible course about 30 minutes from wilderness that is basically maintained by 1 dude. Highly recommend adding it to the beginning of a trip up there. Conditions weren’t great but there were some really cool holes

4 Likes

I got wolf ridge on an itinerary this year. Glad to hear its as cool as it looks

3 Likes

I’ve always seen signs for this but never checked it out - adding to our itinerary for a July trip! Great to hear Wilderness is improving - the green kill was tough out there last year.

2 Likes

It looks like they expanded the greens, so much so that there were sprinkler heads on a few of them, and a lot of them had 3-4 different tiers. Kind of bonkers tbh. Just hard to maintain the whole course to perfection if it’s only like 1 dude (or so I’ve heard)

2 Likes

Damn! In Kansas for work, shoot well fellas!!!

Fuck, I’m playing in that event. Greens bad too? Usually they’re pretty decent and the rest of the course is underwhelming

2 Likes

Hey all, we could use a few more for the Beaver Pelt 2 next Saturday, 6/10 at Pioneer Creek! Info and signup here:

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/north-star-united-events-beaver-pelt-2-6-10/72024/1079?u=bignanski

@NorthStarUnited

2 Likes

greens were very bad unfortunately. not sure when they punched them, but they were incredibly slow and have not healed well at all.

seems like they have not been watering the course, lots of straight up dead grass / dirt spots on greens. ground is hard AF everywhere, could not even push a tee all the way in on basically every tee box.

the course is usually in decent enough shape but not at the moment, would be amazed if they had it in fair enough conditions for qualifier.

hope the qualifier is earlier in the day because the mosquitoes were effin unbearable.

1 Like

This is kinda wild considering how wet that course usually is

1 Like

@TommyBuns and I have two spots open this Thursday at Stoneridge 3:20 pm. $70+tax to walk if anyone is interested.

1 Like

I scooped a 6:06 pm time tonight at Keller, if anyone wants to join us there are 2 tee times left on the website. Should be spicy if the rain holds off with the Senior event this morning.

2 Likes

Tanners has been a dog track (even more than usual) all season. I’m almost positive that they punched last fall and the greens haven’t healed yet. They had a water line break on the front 9 which is why it’s been dry and firm too. I’ve sworn off going back this season until I hear that the greens are at least playable.

1 Like

@DrewMik and I are squaring off to this Friday at 4:30 at Highland National, still have 2 spots left if anyone wants to join. $27 to walk!

2 Likes