Roll Call: Michigan - support the Green Fairway Fellowship!

I’m always in on Moose Ridge!

1 Like

Such an awesome golf course. So excited to get back up that way and play some courses. Haven’t been up for golf in over a year!

Just heard this news on the Nest pod. Unbelievable. We were partnered up at Maxamania and I don’t think I’ve ever had more fun meeting and playing with someone for the first time. Definitely will be reaching out to him.

1 Like

Have 11 spots left if anyone wants to jump in!

1 Like

I played Diamond Springs today in 3.5 hours and had to wait for the group in front of us on the last 4-5 holes. I was impressed by the pace and the course was in great shape

2 Likes

We played it this past weekend and agree re conditioning and pace. But we didn’t love it. Mine of us had played it before and found it incredibly penal off the tee. A bit of a target good feel on to many holes. Player Angels Crossing and Stoatin Brae the same trip and loved them both.

I’ve never played Stoatin but it’s on my list. I love Angels Landing but am a bigger fan of Diamond Springs*. I feel like tee shots are tougher on the back nine but feel the front 9 is very generous. I also feel like the greens provide a lot of defense with their bold contours. I’m excited to see how the NLU guys feel about the course and film it.

*I also drove the green on the short par 4 15th and played well in general today so I’m very pro-Diamond Springs right now

1 Like

Putting this out in here, we got two open spots for Washtenaw golf club in Ypsilanti at 9:57 today if anyone wants to join! @theclv24 and myself would love the company

Long time lurker - live in South Lyon and moved to
Michigan from Chicago a couple years ago. Am always down to play Moose Ridge with any early risers. Related to lessons - I’ve had one lesson from Adam at Measured Golf in Ann Arbor and would recommend. They have a really cool setup with trackman for practice and an indoor short game area. Just wish it was closer.

1 Like

What’s up @befrosty, check out the east vs west event if you want to get in!

I’m still working out the kinks in the plan, but it looks like I may have talked my way into bringing a half set with me next weekend on the family vacay to Suttons Bay. Right now I’m between a round at Bahle Farms or Northport Creek. I think I’m leaning a little towards Northport right now, for the price, potential for being more friendly to the half set, and overall more general interest in the place. Anyone have any experience and/or thoughts on either place?

1 Like

I’m going to be up in Cheboygan this upcoming weekend. Anyone interested in playing a round on Friday (8/27)?

I’m thinking about either of these 2 courses:

http://www.indianrivergolfclub.com/

https://www.cheboygangolf.com/

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/giveaway-custom-mysim-2-driver-raffle-to-support-first-tee-greater-detroit/59758?u=jawnnypage

Hey everyone! I am stealing @DetroitGolfer19 idea and raffling off a brand new custom MY Sim 2 driver in support of our 100 hole golf marathon!

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for your support. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So I played Pilgrim’s Run today which completed the Devries public options in Michigan for me. I think if I had to play ten rounds at those four this would be the breakdown.

5 at Greywalls
3 at Diamond Springs
1 at Pilgrims Run
1 at The Mines

Greywalls is other worldly fun and I would love to play it again multiple times after having played it once.
Diamond Springs is great, but competing against Greywalls is tough. I was tempted to go 4 and 4 but I don’t want anyone to mistake Diamond Springs and Greywalls as being equal. That being said, it’s my favorite Grand Rapids area Devries course and it’s not even really close.
The Mines is probably my next favorite and then I played Pilgrim’s Run today and it would occupy my last spot of the four. I played with @Kirk19 and he made the very good point that most of the holes (probably all of them honestly) could be put on any other course in West Michigan and you wouldn’t notice. Whereas the other Devries courses all offer something unique for the area.

Would play them all again but if I had ten rounds this is how I’d do it. The one caveat is that I did not consider price in this list. I went strictly for enjoyment on the course. Greywalls is significantly more expensive than the other three.

Feel free to dispute this list up or ignore it at your leisure

5 Likes

I’m assuming they use electric carts so probably a short in a charger or something maybe? Rough to lose all the carts though.

This was my high school’s home course back in the day. Not exactly the most walker friendly place in town would be a nice way of putting it, hopefully they can get a new fleet in quickly for the course’s sake.

Gonna bump this one last time. Need 2 more to make a nice even 20 for the east vs west. Let’s go!

1 Like

just put this in the Ohio thread and i’ll put it in here too. looking at last minute Solheim Cup tickets and would love to meet some people down there. are more people, if any, going on Saturday or Sunday?

1 Like

This is not a new or original take, but I played Meadowbrook CC today for the first time since the renovation. And I caddied there in high school for four years, and today was a revelation! I’ve read all the articles, I’ve watched all the YouTube videos, I’ve seen all the posts on social media, so I knew it was coming but it was the most fun I’ve had on a golf course in a really, really long time. I could play that course every single day and never ever get bored. I missed the punch bowl on three with a wedge in my hand and three jacked, I came up short on the False front to a front pin on seven, i used the backstop to perfection 9 and made a birdie, I made a birdie on the lions mouth. That is around that I’m going to be remembering all winter long!!

6 Likes

We don’t use the W word in here until December sir haha

3 Likes