Roll Call: Michigan - support the Green Fairway Fellowship!

I take lessons from one of the pros there. He said a lot of the members don’t like it either.

Cool. Quit en masse so the initiation and dues drop substantially.

2 Likes

This is disgusting, I can’t believe people like that exist

1 Like

I live nearby and have a few friends who are members. I’ve been lucky to play it a ton. 36 holes on property. I think they don’t get as much love as they should - especially the Valley course, I’d put that up against most in the state. Planning to join next summer.

1 Like

Awesome, just driving by it looked really nice. Had no idea what it was and asked about it and got the story. Glad to hear we got some presence in GR. Looking forward to get out this way to tee it up more!

I’ve played the Ridge Course (the holes you can see from the road) a couple of years ago and loved it. It used to host a Champions Tour event, believe it was 9 from each course that made up the tournament routing. Still remember when Craig Stadler got a DWI in Ionia Co. when he was in town for the tournament.

1 Like

The holes you can see from the road is the Ridge course. And yes, their “championship” course are the two back 9s.

1 Like

You’re right. Had to pull up the scorecard to remember which one I played and still typed it wrong lol.

2 Likes

This is excellent news. If that shit is maintained, I would be happy to give it another look. The green complexes are outstanding.

2 Likes

I have played Egypt Valley several times, actually got married there. Very nice courses usually get out there once or twice a year with my wife’s uncles (they are members).

3 Likes

Last 12 holes on the Ridge are pretty good. Four of the the first six are a bit of a disaster. Valley is pretty good though.

2 Likes

I hate the start of the ridge. 1, 2 are big nos. 3 tough par 3. 4 meh par 5. From there it’s solid.

1 Like

I hit a layup on four that looked right down the middle. Never found it. Five is fine, but six is a longish par 3 with no bailout whatsoever. Might not be so bad if I didn’t have the bad taste in my mouth from the earlier holes, but just didn’t work for me. Other side of the road the holes are fine, though.

1 Like

For those in Michigan, @SpartanButters is auctioning off a round at his club.

2 Likes

Wow I just came here to ask if anyone is a member or knows any members of Western Golf & CC. Talk about good timing!

I just moved to Livonia and I am like 2 miles maybe from Western. @SpartanButters and/or @MattyB what are your thoughts on the club? I contacted them and their membership directed reached out and seemed super nice. The pricing is surprisingly pretty fair considering some of the clubs just to West/North of me and even the cost of some other local public’s membership. Not looking to join until next year since my wife is literally about to go into labor with our first kid. Never been a member of a private club before but it intrigues me with how hard it is to get out on a week day in the area with so many people and for the family aspect with some of their offerings.

Heads up for those who want to go to the Rocket Mortgage Classic, tickets will go on sale May 27. https://www.wxyz.com/sports/tickets-for-2021-rocket-mortgage-classic-go-on-sale-may-27

1 Like

I think it’s easily the best value for a club in SE Michigan. The new clubhouse is amazing and the course is really good. We’ve got a really good young greenskeeper that has it in amazing shape and he’s doing a lot of great things to return the design back toward the Ross original.

The membership there is great too and has definitely gotten a lot younger there the last few years. There is a ton of stuff to play in out there too with Tuesday and Thursday night leagues and member run games in the afternoon on Wednesday/ Friday and morning on Saturday/Sunday. They also do a monthly couples game too. It’s just really easy to meet people and get involved. And even with all that going on it’s still very easy to get a tee time even on short notice.

I absolutely love the place though.

2 Likes

I have a 1230 tee time at Stoatin Brae next Thursday 5/20, stopping by as I make my way to Maxamania.

Guessing most in here are in that thread/ attending Max, but if you’re not, I’d love some company since I’m playing as a single. Not easy to make a midday round but thought I’d post it here as well.

1 Like

Current scene at Fox Creek in Livonia. Group 50 yards off the tee. Group on green. Group on next tee. Group waiting to tee off on my hole. Three more groups behind me. Only on hole 4. Don’t think I’m making it before dark. #shrinkthegame

3 Likes

2.5 hour 9 hole round with a cart. Finished the last hole not being able to see any of our shots. Private club is sounding better every day.

1 Like