Roll Call: Michigan - support the Green Fairway Fellowship!

Looks like someone else in the Fresh Coast Flocks battled the lefts this summer. Hole 1 UofM.

6 Likes

:raising_hand_man:t2::raising_hand_man:t2::raising_hand_man:t2:

1 Like

Fuckin shame too, that ball was hit pretty hard in the wrong direction haha

1 Like

Michigander here. From Royal Oak. Nice to see a thread for us lol

5 Likes

Welcome welcome! A lot more goes down in the DM’s if you’re interested in playing some golf, join in our WhatsApp!

1 Like

I love the branding. Hilarious to be able to find shots from friends after the fact.

1 Like

Headed up to South Haven/Saugatuck for a bachelor party this weekend and will be playing Hawkshead Links and Ravines. How are these courses looking this time of year? I imagine fall golf in Michigan is real nice.

Can confirm, fall golf in MI is real nice. Be prepared for layers in the morning but temps are usually beautiful by 2pm

3 Likes

It’s supposed to be in the 60s here over the weekend, so definitely bring layers. I’ve never played Hawkshead but am a fan of the Ravines. They usually do a decent job keeping it up but I haven’t been there in the fall.

6 Likes

Pretty much the only time I play the Ravines is in the fall or spring so it isn’t $90 - it’s always in good condition, if maybe a bit wet in spots if it rained recently. Hawkshead, I’ve only played once in the spring and it was firm and in good shape then

1 Like

I’ll second Stella’s. Great selection of whiskey’s and cheap beer. A rotating selection of good beers. And the best burgers in the US of A

2 Likes

Last chance yall! come play some golf in Cadillac tomorrow or try and win a sweet putter!

there are only 5 tickets sold for this putter so far, its basically stealin!

1 Like

Hello Michigan people! More specifically - Detroit area refugees - I am going to be in town for work Oct 9-12 - have a free morning, early afternoon on Monday the 10th. Wondering if anyone might be keen to meet up and play, show me the Detroit golf scene?!

3 Likes

Greetings Mitten Staters, I’ll also be in the Detroit area for an overnight before heading up to Forest Dunes. I’ve snagged an 8:03 tee time at Washtenaw on Sunday 10/9 for just myself but the other 3 spots are still open. If anyone wants to join for a morning round, go snag a spot and let me know! Also looking to play Rackham on Wednesday morning 10/12 before I fly out. Lmk if you’re interested in joining for that. Really excited to get back to MI, think it might be the most underrated state in the country

2 Likes

FYI to the Michiganders and Detroiters…
I too will be invading the D on 10/10 for a round with @Bunk.
Rackham? Hollow? Trace?
Where should we prioritize, and who wants in?
Bring it.

2 Likes

Do not play pine trace. Conditions continue to be abysmal and they’re charging full freight.

4 Likes

@Bunk
I’m playing in another event so I wouldn’t be able to join, but here’s how I would rate the Metro Detroit courses:

Top Tier:
The Orchards
Shepherd’s Hollow
University of Michigan

Next Tier:
Greystone
Boulder Pointe
Links of Novi
Lakes of Taylor
Northville Hills
Copper Hills
Pheasant Run
Washtenaw
Rackham (less quality but has the original Ross back 9 and NLU connection)

Haven’t played but heard good things:
Moose Ridge
Coyote Preserve
Eagle Crest

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Just personal preference but I’d skip Greystone all together. It’s a lot of target golf with next to no strategy. It’s too hard. Sure, some pretty holes but it’s all looks IMO.

2 Likes

100% co-sign this. It’s like the course you want to play when you first get into golf (which is what i did) and then when you learn more about the game and courses, it’s pretty meh for me. would not go back, unless backed into a corner.

3 Likes