The Lowrider - Eldorado GC - Cadillac, MI - September 24th, 2022

What is the Lowrider?
This is the start of a new season for the FcF and open to anyone who would like to join us. A friend of the FcF is the GM up there at Eldorado GC has reached out and wants to throw an event for us. Let’s show up in force and have a great time. There are also tons of other golf courses in the general area.

When is The Lowrider
September 24h, 2022
Tee times start at 11am

Where is The Lowrider?
Eldorado GC in Cadillac MI
https://www.golfeldorado.com/index.php

How much for The Lowrider?
$89
Itemized list of charges:
$69 (nice) greens fee
$20 charitable donation to the winners charity of choice

What is the format?
Stroke play with 85% course handicap. Hit cups.
All of the “buy-ins” will be sent to the charity of the winners choice.

Who can come?
Anyone who would like to show up and play golf in the great state of MI.

Logo incoming along with a cool thing to bid on to raise even more money for the kids/animals/whatever

@FreshCoastFlock

10 Likes

I’ve added the event to the calendar on the Flock’s Mobile App (Android - iPhone). We can use the app to calculate handicaps, keep score & provide leaderboards if Cap’ wants.

2 Likes

100-hole marathon day so won’t be able to make it, but hopefully I can throw Don some business on the way up or way back from my Champion Hill trip next summer.

1 Like

Playing there the weekend before in an event with some buddies. Don’s been great to work with. Might have to go for back to back weekends :thinking:

2 Likes

Got the “okay” to attend “The Lowrider ‘For the Kids’ Championship”. Anyone else potentially looking for lodging for a night or two, I’ll probably stay in GR? Also, thinking about golfing Friday and/or Sunday if anyone is interested. Friday I’d prolly try to play the Mines and open to options on Sunday. If anyone from the East side was going to stay Saturday night, eagle eye could be a decent Sunday morning option in the way back. Lmk!

1 Like

Hell yeah, this will work great. Thanks, man!!

Gotta ask this but don’t want to sound like a sissy, but what are thoughts on tee times. I can’t come in the night before (frickin’ work) so just trying to get an idea of what time I’d have to drag my butt out of bed. Thoughts? Thanks!

1 Like

me as well, tee times start at 11

1 Like

Just enough time for a 6:30 AM pre-competition 18!

1 Like

Bump …

Getting closer to go time! Excited to drop some golf news in here soon …

Regretfully need to withdraw from the event. Home projects taking over my life and with cold weather not too far out, I could really use a full weekend to get some shit done. Hope everyone who makes it out has a ball!

1 Like

Man, what an absolute gem of a day. It was spritzing all day, but there wasn’t wind and they course played so damn well all things considered. Eldorado is a must see for anyone going through the area. Pretty wild story, the guy who owns it and built it also designed the damn course. Might be the most alpha move ever. We have already been invited back next year, might have to move it in the schedule for better weather though!

Shout out to all the good people that were able to come out for this. I wish we would have had a bigger crowd but I think the story of this year will make people come out in force for the next. Potential to turn this into a weekend type of event, there is just too much good golf up there.

Shout out to @mulletmania for taking down the first event and locking up 50 points toward the FcF Roost qualifying series. Jake golfed his ball to the tune of an 86, net 70 :eyes:

I will figure out the rest of the points and update later on the race for the roost… team.

@Manhattan, it was a treat to finally meet you and tee it up for the 3rd 9. @Hrohen24, don’t ever get rid of that hybrid and grow that bitchin’ stache out, full magnum push broom.

@wfriedman15 thank you for walking out there for the first 18 and dealing with me all day. Very glad to have you move back this way and join the group. Look forward to many more tee times.

All you others know I appreciate the support with all this.

Cheers
Jono

6 Likes